Chapter 3: Are those Cracks I see?

Days rolled on by, everything getting into a routine. I would take my morning hike, make breakfast successfully avoiding them, go to school--making sured to be covered in a hoodie during art, and on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday make my way to the orphanage otherwise work on homework and garden. Since I learned how to avoid them, I usually did not cross paths with any of them and was able to live on the last floor of the packhouse quietly getting things done, dreaming, and eating backery goods that I had made early in the mornings.

          Then one day I got up at 4:00 AM. It was Griffin's birthday and I knew he would be happy, probably ecstatic to finally getting his driver's license since he was 18. After a quick walk to the woods I picked up hybridized daisies that were a brilliant purple and blue and gathered carnations and violets. I made him a cake that was layered in three parts.

The first layer was clustered dark chocolate and  honey, the second cream cheese and barely ripe raspberries, and the last layer milk chocolate with caramel and cinnamon. The whole cake was decorated in chocolate frosting with happy birthday griffin at the very top. After finishing up making the cake I made everybody tea cakes, frosted cinnamon rolls the size of three muffins a piece, and an assortment of sugard cookies with homemade danishes. 

                Then after grabbing a danish and three cookies I took a shower and put on brown cargo pants, a hello kitty purple graphic shirt, and converse as well as my hair into a braided bun. Once I walked out the back door, I looked towards the window checking their reactions when they came down. They seemed to be angry when they saw nothing on the table but once Griffin read my note and went over to the patio, they uncovered all the sugared treats and starting stuffing themselves. I sat their bathing in the smile of his that he did not know I was seeing.

My brother was the only person I had left in this world who was related by blood and even if he hated me, who would love him if I didn't? I saw him smiling and shaking his head ready to grab a cookie when Arin walked down and starting stuffing his face with three pieces of the top layer of the cake. Idiot! Gluttonous Ass hole!!! That wasn't for him, that was for Griffin. Well, I couldn't do anything about that now, so I walked to school as usual, hoping for a relatively calm day.

                  When I came home around seven since it was a Friday, I heard loud partying. There was the scent of vodka and whiskey in the air and the thick scent of palpable sweat pervaded the air. I ran upstairs to my room, pushing through the crowd of hyped people who were moaning and drinking with all their might. I was about to open the door when out of nowhere, I saw Arin naked in my bed with Melissa, fucking her. I tried to turn around and run but when they saw me, all I saw were the seeting rage of Arin and Melissa hair tousled and smiling grimly towards me.