Eddie the banished

The sound of light snoring woke me up. As I peeled my eyes open I realised Eddie and I were crumpled into each other still on the floor under the blanket. Aches from laying on the floor all night started to become apparent. Sitting back up I tried my best not to disturb Eddie but shifting my weight off of his shoulders had woken him up. He blinked at me a few times trying to catch his brain up to speed about why he was on the floor then smiled. It was the kind of smile that uses your whole face, your eyes crease and all of your teeth are on show. 

"What?" I looked at him puzzled. 

"Your hair is a mess" He reached up and tucked some of my unruly hair behind my ear, his hand lingered as he looked at me. Then he took a sharp breath in as he moved his hand to scratch his neck. My jaw tightened at his actions, God he was making my heart race. 

"I'm going to go home do you need anything?" I pretended there wasn't any tension in the air, no burning desire, nothing. 

"I mean I could do with some food if you could. I would really appreciate a six pack, I know it's stupid but I really hate being on my own I feel so on edge all the time" His face held embarrassment and pain mixed together.

"Yeah I'll take Nance with me and grab you some stuff" I picked myself up off the floor, Stay out of trouble while I'm gone yeah?" I smiled at him, grabbed my car Keys off a nearby table. 

I sat in my car for a moment, hand over my mouth as I thought back to the hair tuck. I wanted to do a little scream, what was that about. Oh my God the tension while his hand was there. I took a deep breath and headed to the wheeler house.