Visiting family

A banging on my trailer door set my heart racing. I looked at the clock, 7:08am. Letting out a huge sigh I went to the door. I flung it open to see Dustin and Steve standing there, "What?" My tone was harsh due to a severe lack of sleep. "We need you at the Wheeler house." Dustin was his usual cheerful self and Steve just stood with his arms crossed. "Why?" My voice sounded flat an uninterested, I really wished they'd left me for a bit longer. "Nancy and Robin found some stuff about Victor Creel and we want your help." Dustin was looking at me excitedly but his expression changed when he saw that I clearly didn't know who he was on about. "Eddie's uncle had said to Nancy that something like this happened a while ago where a guy killed his whole family and took their eyeballs and stuff." Dustin was waving his hands as he spoke. 

"Just get in the car Y/N" Steve did a big sweeping gesture towards his car and raised his eyebrows. "yeah I'm coming" I grabbed some stuff embracing the fact that they weren't going to wait for me to get washed.

We were sat around in the Wheeler house while Nancy explained the plan. She handed me and Robin a reference form for the asylum. Steve was pissed that he didn't have one and followed us up to Nancy's room. As he was ranting to Nancy about babysitting and how he could be useful me and Robin were having a sneaky look around at Nancy's things. "Really Nanc THEY are giving you academic scholar?!" He pointed at the pair of us causing me and Robin to look at each other with the same 'excuse me' look. Nancy responded "No...but they will" with that she pulled two blouses out of her wardrobe. "Oh God." Robin and I said on the same beat. 

Standing outside the asylum was daunting, it was huge. Robin complained about the outfit and walked with a wobble on the high heels. As we walked to the Office of Warden Hatch a security guard that was guiding us was chatting away to me, I was giving him the sweetest suck up act I could to try and help our case. He wished me luck as we went into the office. Hatch denied us entry to see Victor Creel even after a very well thought up lie from Nancy. Then Robin burst into argument spouting fiery feminism at the man that clearly made him uncomfortable, he stuttered in response to Robin's quick and well argued case. She stopped and silence hung in the air for a moment, Warden Hatch was deep in thought contemplating the risk of letting us in to see Creel. Sighing he said "I'm sorry but I just can't let you in, he's a very dangerous man and there are rules that must be followed, even for me" he put a little laugh at the end as if to lighten the blow. A stroke of pure genius hit me right then "I completely understand and we are ever so thankful for your time Mr. Hatch it was a pleasure to meet such a talented psychiatric doctor. We will see ourselves out" Nancy and Robin looked at me like I was crazy for leaving but said their thanks and followed me out.

As we were walking out of the room I undid the top few buttons of the blouse, reshuffled my boobs and walked down to the security guard who had been chatting me up earlier. I spouted out some shit about how he must be so brave to deal with people like Victor Creel and how I'd only go down there if I had someone strong to protect me. It worked like a charm. We were escorted down to a locked cell block of sorts, the guard was giving me a good look over and I was giggling and flirting like my life depended on it. He was boasting to me about how when the residents get riled up he has to restrain them while the nurses get the medication and start the music to help settle them back down. While I was stood playing teenage romance with the guard Robin and Nancy were talking to Creel. Something they said set Creel off singing some song and the other patients in the cell block erupted causing the guard to use his walkie to call for back up. Hatch came down without enough time for us to climb the stairs just outside of the block catching us in the act of sneaking around. 

The two guards who Hatch had brought down with him were escorting us across the courtyard back to the office. Some patient was shouting about Cinderella. We were all discussing what we had learnt from Creel and the guards and came to the conclusion that music may be a lifeline back to reality. I glanced back at the guards and said to the girls "I think we can beat them" Nancy caught my drift straight away and Robin a second later "I'm really uncoordinated" Robin started spouting something about herself when she was a baby but I grabbed her and in a hushed voice said "go". We ran, Robin's shoes went flying as we sprinted across the grass, skirts and cardigans flapping wildly. 

The guards slammed on the car windows as we sped away. Th walkie talkie was going crazy in the back with Dustin's Voice shouting "code red"  We explained between us as quickly as we could out theory about music. Vecna had Max. 

We regrouped at Nancy's and we all sat around with Max making sure she was okay. The boys had told be about how she had floated and we had lightened the mood with our story of how I had flirted with the guard to get us in to see Victor. All the sitting around and chatting made me think of how lonely Eddie must be. I asked Steve if he would take me back to my trailer, although it would be nice to stay with them all I felt like I wanted to share all of this with Eddie. 

Finally showered I was just about to hop in the car when I stopped in the Kitchen/Living room area of the trailer. I grabbed a bag of chips and a blanket and headed out. I sat in the car parked outside of Reefer Rick's place thinking about Eddie's facial expressions the day before and how grief stricken he looked. Grabbing my things I headed down to the boat house. I opened the door in darkness and whispered Eddie's name. No response. Lifting the tarp I found that he wasn't there either. My face was pressed against the glass of the actual house moments later as I tapped the window whispering harshly "Eddie?". I grabbed the door knob and just as my grip tightened to turn it I got pulled inwards nearly colliding with Eddie. "Took you long enough" I looked up at him; brows furrowed. "Yeah well you sound like an old dying man when you do that so how was I supposed to know it was you." I pushed air into my cheeks at that statement. "I brought a snack" I said holding up the bag of chips. 

We sat on the floor of Reefer Rick's living room side by side eating the chips that were placed in Eddie's lap, blanket shared between us. I told him about the events of the day, he was glad to hear that Max was safe and found it hilarious that someone like me would be dressed in a blouse trying to woo a guard. Once again the hours ticked by as we chatted about things old and new, bringing up things that happened the first summer we had met and the last summer we had spent together. Part of me was hopeful that when I saw Eddie again this summer, things would be fun like they had always been. I was wrong. These moments we spent reminiscing were the most fun we could have, for now.