CHAPTER THIRTEEN

“So, do you wanna go out for dinner or order in?” He asks casually like he hasn’t just dropped numerous nuclear bombs on my lap. This guy though. What am I going to do with him?”
“A night out sounds fun. You have never really taken me out on a date.” Might as well get on with the program. The heavy stuff will be discussed as time goes by.

He chuckles. “As if you gave me a chance. I was still getting my head together when shit happened. Then you went out and bought a car and a tiny house. How did that happen? Are you trying to tell me that the next time I piss you off, you are going to buy a match or a chopper?” I roll my eyes. Did he just call my new mansion a tiny house?

“Did you just diss my new house?”
He looks away but it looks like he is holding in laughter. This dude. “Babe, it’s not tiny. Sorry I said that. It’s nice and cosy.” Another way of saying small in a non offensive way.

“And you’re not welcome in it.” I dramatically stand up and he breaks into laughter as he pulls me to sit back down. My God. How can an intimidating man like him be so beautiful and look so carefree when he is laughing? I wanna see this side of him so often but his serious grumpy side turns me on too much.

“Come on. I want to be the first person to sleep over. Have you bought furniture? I hope you didn’t buy a double bed because I would rather sleep on the floor.” He continues laughing. He is unbelievable. I guess he needed to tell me his history because now he seems free, childish and idiotic. Typical man behaviour when they are with their mistresses. Wait a sec, am I his mistress? Why does that sound so hot?

“You noticed that I bought a car and a house but you didn’t notice when I bought furniture?”
“To be honest, I don’t really take note of transactions less than a million.” Shut the front door.
“OMG, that sounds so snobbish. You’re a low-key snob.” He laughs again. He seems unbothered by this. “Kante how much is in that card of yours?”

“I don’t wanna scare you with the amount, so I will just say unlimited funds. If they drop to a certain amount, my banker is notified and he tops them up.”
“Exactly what is your net-worth?”

“Isn’t it there on Google.” I scoff. now he is being stupid. He grins. “I will grab a quick shower and change. Why don’t you look for a nice restaurant where we can dine in?” he doesn’t even wait for my answer. He just kisses me and stalks to the bathroom. I wanna be mad at him but how can I when he is being so cheesy and loving like that? No. This is not me being desperate or falling for a rich man. This is me falling for a man who shows that he will do anything to keep me in his life. That I am worth fighting for and basically worth everything.

I already know which restaurant I wanna go tomorrow Zane suggested it this morning and I wanna go dig in on their excellent delicious food, as he advised. I get up from the bed and head to the balcony. The scenery is so beautiful and peaceful. I capture it and post it on my socials, making sure to tag the hotel so that people will know. They need to know that I am no longer breathing the same air as them. A video call from Nonkosi comes in. I laugh as I answer it. I am sure she is going to talk about my sudden trip.

“Hey Nonkosi.”
“Bitch don’t 'Hey Nonkosi' me. You left like that? No warning whatsoever? Can you imagine my surprise when I got out of the elevator and my plain Mary Jane bumps into this freakishly handsome hunk who is currently standing in for you? Out of the blue? Next thing you know moghurl is in Singapore! Frikin Singapore!” Futhy's previous PAs were nothing like Nonkosi. She is too much but in a lovable cute way.

“It was also so sudden for me. One minute I am driving out in my new Mercedes Benz, the next minute I am hauled up to a private jet. When I wake up, I see a sign saying Singapore airport. My life is a movie. I am telling you.”
She laughs. “Uphila isi novel stru. Anyways who is this guy that has taken you halfway across the world during the week? It’s not even vacationing season.”