CHAPTER EIGHT

“Tomorrow I am fetching my car.” I say to Mlulamisi after he is done capturing my details and with the payment. “I want all the drama. First off, I need a personal photographer who will capture everything. I want balloons coming out of the car and floating in the air, champagne, hamper, every nice thing you can do for someone buying such an expensive car.”

Mlulamisi chuckles. “I understand, Mr. Lindani and I will make sure everything is to your liking. At what time will you be coming in?”

“At 8 am.” He nods. “I will see you then.” I get up and head to my car. When I climb inside, I suddenly feel lost. The Benzie has stolen my heart. I feel like I am suffocating in this Polo of mine. But all will be well tomorrow morning. I still have to nyisa my haters. I hope they have enough data.

By 6 am I am already awake and cleaning around. When I am done with my mini spring cleaning, I take a long refreshing shower and then dry my body. I wonder how the pink water gang with showers does it. But it’s none of my business. I dry my body and lotion it, taking my time. I then get dressed in a khaki button front solid shirt, brown letter patched tapered pants and brown vintage slip-on tassel loafers. One thing I like about being gay, you can choose which side you want to shine on that particular day. Sometimes I wanna bring out my feminine side and sometimes I wanna bring out my masculine side.

One flaw about the masculine side is the looks I get from thirsty ladies. I sometimes even get asked out. So that’s why I do make-up even though it’s minimal with my masculine look. I add black round stud earrings and a two tone chain necklace. I unbutton the first three buttons of my shirt and make sure everything is in place. I then take my bag and head to the kitchen. As I am preparing my cereal, I make sure to request an Uber. When I am done eating, I wash my bowl and head out just in time for my Uber to park outside. I lock the house and climb inside the Uber. I greet the driver and tell him my destination.

We arrive at the garage after 20 minutes and I pay him before climbing off the car and heading inside. I am greeted by Mlulamisi in the reception area and he leads me to the place where the cars are stored. As we enter the room, I see my baby parked in the middle with a big red bow on the bonnet. There are silver and black balloons surrounding the car. My heart melts. This looks out of this world. I take out my phone and quickly go live on Instagram. I spot a janitor standing not far from us. I call him and give him my phone.

“Please make sure to come closer. People must see the content.” I say and he laughs before nodding. Mlulamisi leads me to the car. I spot a photographer and look at Mlulamisi. “I see you met my demands.”

“After paying cash, we had to meet them.” he responds and I laugh. We stop next to the car. “I present to you your new baby.” another sales consultant comes to us. She hands me a hamper with a champagne. That is the highlight of the hamper. Futhy would have to forgive me but I will work while I am tipsy today. They hand me the car keys and I do a mini dance just to celebrate and they cheer on me.

“Thank you, love.” I bow a little and then do a catwalk to the passenger seat of my car. I open it and put the hamper inside. Balloons spill from the seats. I am pleased that Mlulamisi followed my commands. If he was my type, I would’ve given him a quick blow job but he has that small belly which looks like a child’s tomb and I ain’t interested in that. “When am I going to get my pictures?” I ask and he smiles.