☁︎||2:22||☁︎

Hayden’s POV

I uncurl from my little ball on the bed, leaving my phone on the nightstand to charge, and walk towards the hotel room door and exit. I needed to clear my head from this, it was all going so fast. I was a little embarrassed to admit that I liked Neon; we had known each other for so long so actually, to tell him that I liked him more than a friend would be too awkward right now. He came out to New York to visit and visit only, i don’t think he wants to leave with some doughnut on his arm. 

The halls were quiet, which didn’t help my clearing-head situation; the quieter the halls would get, the louder every thought in my brain would be. Little blurbs of sound would sometimes pick up through the rooms (the walls were thin and I think some people might have forgotten that), occasionally I’d hear the tiny voice of a woman singing to someone about the sunshine or how the night was going to hold them while you sleep. 

The more I heard the small conversations, the more I wanted to turn around and go back to the room to talk to neon about the text, to tell him that I did like him back, to tell him that I have wanted to kiss him for the longest time now and to finally experience his lips on my was so beautiful. So why am I afraid of telling him the truth?

I reached the outside of the hotel and was greeted by a friendly hug of the brisk night. The moon waved down at me as I continued to walk further away from the hotel, the street lamps guiding me along the side walk. My feet carried me along the leaf coated side walk as my thoughts began to coat my mind with the thoughts of Neon. His smile, his eyes, his words he would use to describe the smallest thing, his hands, his lips, he was my friend so I dont understand why this was so hard for my to talk to him about it. I wish I knew how to explain things to him…maybe this walk tonight would help me collect myself as I wait for the tension to blow over; really hoping it does.

I eventually found myself beside a park bench and fumbling with the buttons on my phone to see if Neon had ever responded to the message I had sent to him earlier…

Seen, 2:22 am

I hadn't noticed how late it was, maybe I should head back to the hotel? No, a few more minutes out here wouldn't hurt, besides, it's peaceful tonight…and the moon is starting to sing.

☆☆☆

"You're an idiot Hayden."

"That may be true, but I'm just saying! One day one of us is going to fly to our collective states and we're finally going to be able to hang out with each other! Think about it, Neon!"

He scoffs and continues clicking away at his keyboard while waiting for the lobby to reload, I can hear his smile through the scoff.

"I don't work as much as I used to Hayden, it's hard to say if that's even going to happen at this point…" his smile fades, and the clicking sounds less energetic on the other end.

"Well maybe I'll come see you then! I'd love to come see Ohio!"

"Michigan."

"Close enough. But just think about it neon okay?"

"I am thinking, Bedwars and thinking just don't go well together.."

I fiddle with the wires on my headphones for a moment, trying to find the words of what to say. Nothing. I glance over at the time on the bottom corner of my screen, 2:22 am it read. Maybe it was time for some sleep and I could also think about the things I had said. Visiting someone several states away was a big decision and it wasn't something I could just agree to do in the span of one night, that would be stupid and irresponsible.

I hope out of call and quickly typed out a little message that Neon would probably see when he's out of his game, 

Haydono
Goodnight neon, I'll talk to you tomorrow when I can :)

☆☆☆

I quietly shut the hotel room door behind me, my eyes flickering around the room to see if Neon was anywhere to be seen…nothing? Where did he run off to? I didn't have time to look for him, it was late and I was tired from walking…I hope he hadn't wondered to far from the hotel.

I start to remove things from my pockets before I climb into the bed and feel a slight crunch against my fingers, I grab the object and pull it from my pocket to see what once was a flower; dried, colourless, dead. It was the orchid I had picked in the garden the other day, I hadn't given it to neon when I had picked it. 

More ideas went through my head on how to fix the damage I had inflicted on our relationship as I continued getting ready for bed…tomorrow would be better.

--

A/n
HULLO??????