☁︎||kiss me more||☁︎

❝is this just an excuse to kiss me again?❞❝yeah❞

I was baffled at the words he had said to me, he actually liked me back-

“I mean you don’t have to if you don’t want to I just thought that since you had kissed me maybe I could give you an actual…” he stopped his rambling and looked at me, his gaze softening and his breath slowing. I could see his eyes glance from my face to my lips and then back again, i was still at a loss for words but i nodded lightly to his words. I did want to kiss him, not just on the cheek, not on the hand, on his stupidly handsome face that I had been in love with for far too long. 

I tried to push out a few words before but I felt my hands being grabbed by Haydens and my entire weight being shifted closer towards him, he didn’t kiss me, but his lips were rather close to mine. Did he need a verbal yes? I had nodded but had he not seen it? I mumbled a tiny yes and felt the pressure of his lips against mine; my face heating up again in the process. His hands gripped tightly around the waist of my shirt, pulling me further and further into the kiss; god i could feel every bit of me just vibrating with excitement. It was almost aggressive and I couldn’t tell if it’s because of me or because of Hayden, but one of us was a bit too into it.

I broke the kiss for a moment to breathe and tried to push myself away from Hayden in hopes he’d understand that I need a tiny break from the tension. His fingers were still laced with the threads of my shirt still, the warmth from them seeping through to my skin...his eyes were once again locked with mine and my heart may have skipped once or twice before he finally released his grip on my shirt and turned away from me. The soft gaze that i had loved was no longer on me, but it still felt like he was looking back at me as he was wandering away.

The room was deafening silence made the leftover lunch from earlier start to twist and turn around my stomach. It felt wrong...everything felt wrong. It wasn’t supposed to be silent after this, he was supposed to pull me back and kiss me more and then bite at my lips and my neck and- this is insane...he doesn’t like me like that, it was just a kiss

I felt the gaze back on me, “you’re thinking, aren’t you?” he asks softly. I look over at him and shrug, maybe i was thinking...thinking about that di- “What are you thinking about?” 

I shrug at his words, thousands of thoughts running throughout my mind picturing the things I wanted from before; I glanced over at Hayden and attempted to push out the words. “It didn’t...it didn’t feel right” 

Hayden chuckles at my words and sighs, his arm snakes around my waist again and he pulls me a bit closer to him. Jesus christ he was charming. “Is this just an excuse to kiss me again?” he’s still pulling me closer to his, almost to the point where im sitting in his lap and the tips of our noses are almost touching. yeah…

“I never noticed you had freckles before, you know…” his hands were on my hips now, his forehead pressed against mine; I could smell his cologne now, and I noticed how he too had freckles...a little more than I did but they reminded me of little constellations in the light. He smiles, “they say where you have freckles is where your lover kissed you in your past life…” there go the butterflies again, fluttering in my stomach as his lips inched a little closer to mine. He pulled me once more until my legs were on either side of his, our lips lightly brushings against eachother, i can feel his smile. 

“Have your eyes always been this blue?”

I kiss him before he can ask more questions about myself, my hands and fingers lacing in his hair and around the back of his neck. Back and forth like clockwork went our lips, one two three one two three one two three. The presence of his fingers locking around my belt loops surprised me a bit; he’s pulling me forward again and again, with the occasional push away from his hips once and a while. I only broke the moment once to kiss his jaw and he to plant a kiss upon my neck, Hayden broke so he could plant kisses on the spots he had counted freckles...his fingers let go of my belt loops but did not sit still long enough before they were climbing up along my sides. I shiver, his hands were warm against my skin.

He breaks the moment once more before going to far, his hands pausing at my ribs. I nodded at him as a way to say ‘yeah, good idea’ and his hands slowly start trailing back down my skin and out of my shirt. He plants one more kiss one my lips before pulling away completely, i slide off his lap...a stupid fucking smile is plastered across my face, so clear that the people over in New Jersey could probably see it.  Hayden smiles back at me, his smile is perfect on him. We mutter a few words to eachother before hayden grabs some pajamas and goes to the bathroom to shower. I quickly grab my phone and start pouring my feelings out into a text message, it was the right time and i wanted to tell him my feelings and how they went. Not just some kiss buddy or kissing the homies goodnight, that moment meant everything to me and i needed hayden to know it...but the anxiety that still loomed above my head casued me to not press send on the messege, i left it as a draft; possibly to never be read.

“Tell him when you’re ready”