☁︎||if i could tell him||☁︎

❝that was a friend thing...right?❞ ❝um...no?❞

The butterflies bothered me for the rest of the day, fluttering whenever Hayden as much as glanced at me or anywhere near me. My face would heat up whenever he complimented me on how I looked, or how I was talented at certain things, or how my eyes reminded him of little ender pearls, or how soft my hands were whenever he handed me something...or how he would try to hold my hand from time to time as we walked.

The remainder of the time spent in the city was calming, we did a bit of shopping, ate some very delicious Italian food and he even took me to Time Square (which was crowded to the point where I had to hold onto Hayden’s hand so I wouldn’t get lost). The smile I had across my lips couldn’t be wiped off no matter how hard I tried to act as if he didn’t make me happy. The sun started to set when we headed back towards the hotel, my heart started to slow with the slight pitter-patter here and there. 

When we reached the hotel, i felt the weariness cloud over me. I wanted to sleep, but Hayden had other ideas.

“Are you okay? You’ve seemed a bit tense since the garden.” Hayden set down his bags by the desk while looking over at me, i felt the tiredness start to wear off before i answered him.

“Yeah, just a bit tired” i wish you had held me longer

“Neon you’re always tired”

“And? I’m still tired right now Hayden” are his eyes always this tense when he’s concerned? Hayden didn’t say anything after that, he shifted his attention to his things and started going through them. he really did care about me..it felt nice. Now that I thought about it...I wasn’t actually as tired as I thought I was, I wanted to stay awake and talk to Hayden. I didn’t know very much about him, but I did consider him a close friend; I wanted to know what he’s thinking about, his favourite foods, what his favourite song was, what he thought about me. Maybe that’s too selfish...I don’t know.

“Hey do you wanna try something?”

“Um, sure...what is it?”

“It’s a surprise, close your eyes...I’ve always wanted to try this,” I said, quickly getting up from bed to sneak past Hayden.

“Oh?” I could see his smirk at the corner of my eyes, he was clueless.

“Yeah” I dashed to my drawer and grabbed a black item from it, “I’ve got it” I started hooking up the item as I hear rustling behind me, I turned it on and turned around only to feel my face heat up again. He was standing across from me, shirtless and his hands in his pockets...I’m starting to think his mind went a different way, “Hayden?”

Hayden opened his eyes to see that I was still fully clothed holding a computer mouse instead of whatever he was thinking about, his face flushed a firetruck red before quickly grabbing his shirt to put it back on. I chuckle slightly to myself before turning around to my laptop I had brought along with me, starting up Hypixel and going into the normal lobby I’m usually in before a round of Bedwars. I just wanted to do a little bit of drag clicking and maybe help Hayden with his CPS; I had an idea that would possibly get me closer to him. I could feel him leaning over my shoulder watching me as I warmed up my hands.

“Give me your hand,” I say to him while reaching for his right hand, he hands it to me and I place it over the mouse and cover his hand with mine. I walked him through the steps of drag clicking and getting a higher CPS, i helped his fingers glide over the mouse and laughed as he tried it on his own a few times. 

From the angle I was at, Hayden looked to be almost glowing against the hotel room lights. I guess that’s the world’s cheesy way of saying he was even more beautiful in that very moment. I wanted to tell him how I felt, but the words could never be put together in my mind. My heart started to speed up a little bit as I kept staring at Hayden playing; he wouldn’t notice if I gave him a tiny little cheek kiss...would he? I mean, he was here...I was next to him...he had put his arm around my waist at the gardens...the way he held my hand through Time Square...allowing me to put my hand over his just now...he was either very into touch or he actually liked me back. No one would hold my hand willingly, they were always cold and dry and not to mention boney*...  maybe, just maybe…

I kiss his cheek quickly, better now than never. He stopped what he was doing, his cheeks turning bright red and his hands shaking a little. Did I have that much of an effect on him?

“I...um-” he couldn’t seem to get his own words out now, “uh...that was just a best friend thing right? Something you do in Michigan to show good friendships??” 

“um...No?” I was starting to worry, he was completely dazed by this.

“Okay...okay, uh…” he stood up from his leaning and looked down at me, his big eyes pulling a puppy dog effect on me, “can i...nevermind this is stupid-” he walked towards the bathroom, obviously flustered by what he was about to say. I quickly got up after him, reaching for his hand before he quickly turns around; his ears were firetruck red now. 

“Hayden-”

“Neon can I kiss you?”

A/N:
*Neon please don’t fire me for describing your hands like this ;-;, you actually have very nice hands