Ch 7 - Easy Retrieval Comes with a Price

[ ... ]
[ No one's POV ]
[ Lungmen, Park ]

"Eeehh? Really? You haven't gone to a spa? Your look beautiful though..."

"Probably because of your brother, isn't it?"

Nod nod

The three girls talked with each other ( Two, one is just using a phone to talk ) as they walked around the park

"You haven't gone to any places at all?! What about a pool? Hot springs? Or the beach?!?" Calista immediately shook her head "My brother asked me each time if i wanted to go to somewhere but i am worried if he's even eating anything"

"Ooh~ hahaha! It's okay! I'll let you have an experience of your lifetime! Come with me, i know a veeery good place for a hot spring on this cold night~" Swire let out a smug laugh as Hoshiguma sighed "Sorry about that..."

Calista quickly shook her head nervously and motioned  that it was fine "So! How's your brother like?" Swire turned around with a smirk on her face. Calista placed a finger on her chin before typing on the phone

"He cares about me way more than he cares for himself"

"Sounds like a nice family member to have..." Hoshiguma said before noticing that Calista was shaking her head with a frown  "Hm? I don't see a problem with that kind of a brother though..."

"As the older sister, it's not good when your little brother only eats one meal in a week so that i can have a regular person's meal"

"...oh" The oni and the feline sweatdropped as they heard the phone talk "W-well I'm pretty sure he eats at work! So you don't have to be mad about it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Somewhere... )

"IT'S HIM AGAIN! RUUUN"

"FOR REUNIOOOON!"

"Hey! Fuck off! Im trying to open this candy bar! " The man shouted as he dropped his leg at a charging Grunt's head, Causing his skull to be dislocated and sent straight to his chest "Ugh... I don't want to rip you off cause i might drop the bar to the ground again- aha! There you go-"

The corpse of the no head enemy leaned to him and caused him to drop the newly opened candy bar

"... "

"GET HIM WHILE HE'S DISTRACTED!"

"YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO OUR KIND!"

Glaaaaaaareeee.....

"F-FUCK! I'M OUT OF HERE!"

"Y-YOU MONSTER! DIIIEEE!"

"One of you has a candy bar and I'll take it from you, DEAD OR ALIVE"

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is it even allowed to have a break and eat during work?"

"If we weren't then i think i wouldn't be working" Swire said as she faced forward and stopped at the crossroads "Didn't you go to school for that? You know... Lunch breaks and all"

"Uh... Swire... We should drop the conversation from there" Hoshiguma's voice made her turn around to see Calista frozen and staring at the ground, Swire seemed to have realized the situation and began to piece every clue she could get from the interaction while saying "Sorry...Were you homeschooled?"

"Father and Mother couldn't afford the tuiton so i spent most of my days learning from the library"

Swire nodded before smiling and attempting to cheer her up "Well, I guess that means your smarter than your brother eh~?"