CH 3 - Repayment

[ ... ]
[ (Y/N)'s POV ]

I looked down on the ground and mumbled a few words before pulling the other baton i brought, hopefully this one doesn't break...

"Hiyah!"

"Oompf! Ugh, you bastard...! Get them!"

In the corner of my eye, i saw the feline immediately made a move, seeing that she's professional enough in this i planned to leave but... That might harm my reputation as a messenger if the feline recognizes me... Screw it! Like hell im letting this new job get fucked!

"Get over here you bastard! You'll pay for what you did to sa-"

S n a p

A loud snap crackled in the alleyway as the man charging towards me fell down to the ground along with my newly bought baton, i really just lost two of my batons... Don't tell me that store was selling fakes...

Hearing the quick footsteps coming for me, I quickly ducked down and kicked a man straight into his chest, sending him flying towards another guy and eventually, the feline i was helping earlier.... Whoops

"Sorry!" I shouted from the alleyway as i made my way to the girl who was slowly getting an unconscious thug off her "Are you alright?"

"Ugh... Why did you... Kick him towards me..?" I sweatdropped at the question and instead lifted her up from the ground "Uh... You just happen to get hit in the crossfire... Sorry about that..." I laughed nervously as she took a breather "I am... Glad that you are safe after that so uh... I'll be going now"

I turned around and grabbed the broken batons that i used, maybe if i tape it back, it will fix itself... Or better yet, i get a better baton when i get my next paycheck! As soon as i finished grabbing the broken pieces, i was about to walk away before-

"Hey! You!"

I turned around and tilted my head as the girl i helped called out for me "Your name... What is it?" She's asking for my name right? Not a code name? I haven't thought of a code name yet anyways... "(Y/N) (L/N)... A.... Messenger, at your service...? No that doesn't sound right... Uhm... I am a messenger that's free at the moment so if you have something that you want to be delivered then feel free to as-"

I stopped speaking as she walked towards me and grabbed my hand "Come with me" she commanded me sternly, as if she's my boss... Is she going to get something delivered?! Wait wait hang on i haven't got myself a weapon yet!

"Uh... If its okay... May i know your name...?"

She gave me a stare before speaking "Swire, That's all your going to need to know. Now come" I sighed as i slowly followed her ... Swire huh...

...

Swire...

...

Wait wait wait?!? As in That swire from LGD?!? Im not getting arrested, aren't I?!??

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[ Commercial District ]
[ (Y/N)'s POV ]

"Thank you madam Swire, come again!"

I sweatdropped as the shopkeeper bowed before turning back to the shop , i quickly turned back to Swire who was looking at another store