OH Chapter 5

[TIME SKIP: ONE DAY LATER]

Cassidy's POV

It's Sunday, and Sammi has been spamming me through all forms of communication since yesterday.

She's been blowing up my twitter notifications, my facebook messenger, my local messaging, she even tries to call me every minute! I don't feel like talking to her, so I just sat in my room with my phone turned off, watching random movies downloaded in my laptop.

I wasn't even able to watch the game yesterday, because I went straight home after signing the contract and talking to Meg and Violet.

There are ten steps in the contract. Meg said that she'll brief me about it tomorrow after school.

I sighed. Was I really sure about this?

Nah, thinking about it makes no sense. I can't back out anyway.

I took the notebook from my bedside table. I unfolded the contract which I put between the pages. I've been reading it multiple times since yesterday because I just realized that it was so impulsive of me to sign on the contract without thinking it through.

-
SUBJECT: COLE ALAN PENDERY
OPERATION: HEARTLESS

10 TASKS TO ACCOMPLISH
1. Make him notice you.
Do not be yourself; do a big change if needed.
2. Do not be cliche.
Differentiate yourself from other girls.
3. Get an invite to a date. 
Note: Get an invite. He must be the the one to ask you out.
4. Make the date memorable.
Secern it from other dates he's had.
5. Make him take you seriously.
This is the key to finishing your mission: keep his eyes darted on you.
6. Ensure that he's dating you exclusively.
Make sure that there are no other girls, and make it official.
7. Make him introduce you to his parents.
Snag points and compliments from them - it will help.
8. Make him kiss you.
Do not make the first move; and make sure it's a sincere one.
9. Be the best girlfriend he's ever had.
Make a good wife.
10. Break his heart.
Leave at the peak of the relationship. Make sure he's fallen deeply in love with you before doing so.

Follow all the rules in order to coplete this mission successfully. However, there is one and only rule you must abide: do not fall in love. If you do this, the contract will be void and your mission will be considered a failure. A severe punishment is reserved.

Also, you must not involve any other passionate relationship with another person or else the signed contract will be void. Consequences await at the end of the process if you do so.
-

I folded the paper again and inserted it between the pages. Fall in love? With Cole Pendery? Ha, like that's ever gonna happen.

I just hate myself that I care too much about Sammi to the point that I'd do this myself even if the guy didn't even lay a single finger on me.

**
"Hey, Cassidy."

I ran into Drake as I rushed to my last class.

"Oh, hey Drake. You see, I'm gonna be late for m--"

"You didn't watch yesterday." He said, disappointment clearly on his face.

Oh shit. I can't tell him about the contract.

"I'm sorry, Drake. I had to go home." I said.

"The game is only once a year. And yet you didn't watch."

I started to feel irritated. What's his problem, anyway? They won, so what's the big deal?

"Drake I'm gonna be late for--"