OH Chapter 4

Cassidy's POV

"Please Cassidy. Please! I'm your best friend, right? You know he hurt me right? Can you please just do this for me, please? Cassidy, please?"

I sighed as I pull Sammi out of the gym, summoning all my self control to not yell at her right now.

Well, I'm sorry! She didn't listen to me in the first place! So what now, she got hurt by that jerk and now she begs me to sign that stupid contract?

"Just shut up and walk, Samantha. You're making a scene here." I said. Luckily, she did shut up, but as soon as we reached the council office, she started rambling again.

"Cassie, I want to show that guy that what he does to girls is not nice. Please, just please, help me. Help us. They think you're the perfect one for the job. Please, just sign the contract."

I sat on the couch beside the door and sighed, for the nth time today.

Let me explain to you what that contract is.

The two girls, who introduced themselves as Violet (the blonde) and Meg (the redhead), said that yhey belong to this small group-slash-organization whose members are part of Cole Pendery's disgusting past. They said that they have this aim of letting that jerk have a taste of his own medicine by finding a girl who can make him fall for her and eventually break his heart.

The thing is, they told me that I would be perfect for the thing. All I have to do is join their group amd sign this little contract and they would surely help me do the things throughout the process.

"Sammi, I can't, and I won't. Let me tell you one thing: didn't I tell you that Cole's a big jerk? Well, news flash: you didn't listen."

"I know, I should've listened to you." Sammi said, "And I'm gonna admit that it was completely my fault. But don't you want to help your best friend? And other broken girls just like me?"

"No, okay, whatever. Join that stupid little group. Fine. Don't listen to me again. Just don't go running to my house in the middle of the night if something goes wrong again." I stood up from the couch and went outside.

I don't understand! That Pendery guy has so many girls falling for him, he can't even do something right!

Well, yeah. I'm confident in saying things like these because I am proud to say that he has never caught my eye before. EVER. And never will he.

**
TIME SKIP: 2 DAYS LATER

It's Saturday, and I haven't really talked to Sammi since that day, and I've never really seen her go with the usual cliques she's going with when she's not with me.

I tried calling her countless times, since I've been thinking of saying sorry to her, but it's either she's not picking up or it keeps on passing me to voicemail.

So earlier today, since our school has this big soccer game going on in the afternoon and we, Sammi and I, both agreed months ago to watch it together, I decided to phone her mom and ask if things are going good.

After three rings, she picked up. "Hello? Cassie?"

"Oh, hey Sheila! Is Sammi there? Can I talk to her?"

She didn't talk for a moment, "Cassie, can you come over? We can't talk to her properly for the past two days. She's been spacing out a lot and only goes out of her room during meals. Other than that, she kept herself locked up in her room."