27

Marshall POV
Early October, 2022

"Av?" I called out, getting no response back as I closed the front door behind me. "Avery James" I called out again as I walked further into the house. "Upstairs baby, give me one minute" she said before I heard her footsteps on the stairs.

I looked up from my phone, my eyes quickly scanning her in my triple xl tshirt and our baby on her hip. "What are you doing home so early?" she asked as she let out a small, relieved smile. I pulled her into me and pressed a kiss to her skin, "I have something I wanna give you" I said softly. Avery raised her eyebrow, "are you telling me, you came home t-?" she asked as I chewed at my lip and shook my head.

"No baby, I bought something for you" I said as I took Tatum from her arms and set her in the bouncer. "Wait, right there" I said as I walked back down the hallway. Avery let out a sigh, "I should be buying you presents, your birthday is in a couple weeks" she said as she sat on the arm of the couch, waiting for me. "Now close your eyes for me, baby" I said as she did.

"And, I don't need presents" I said rebutting her statement. "No peeking, okay?" I said as I walked back into the living room. "Let me see, let me open my eyes!" she said as she squirmed, kicking her feet.

"Okay, open" I said as I stood at her feet. A small smile spread across her face, "you got me a guitar?" she asked as I nodded. "I figured you could strum on it and if you want, start writing your own material" I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets. "Thank you, baby" she said as her hands grazed my sides, pulling me into her as she kissed me.

She took the guitar in her hand, and sat down, starting to strum and tune the guitar. A small smile came across her face, as I copied her actions.

I wanna start this out and say
I gotta get it off my chest
Got no anger, or no malice
Just a little bit of regret
Know nobody else will tell you
So there's some things I gotta say
Gonna jot it down and then get it out
And then I'll be on my way

No, you're not half the man you think that you are
And you can't fill the hole inside of you with money, drugs and cars
I'm so glad I never ever had a baby with you
Cause you can't love nothin' unless there's somethin' in it for you

I continued to watch her, knowing she was in her element. She was at her happiest even though she was expressing some of her unhappiest emotions.

I feel so sorry, I feel so sad
I tried to help you it just made you mad
And I had no warning
About who you are
I'm just glad I made it out without breakin' down
And then ran so fuckin' far
That you would never ever touch me again
Won't see your alligator tears
'Cause, no, I've had enough of them

I quickly pulled out my phone, switching it to record. I knew I needed to share this. I intently listened as she continued with the song, but stopped when she noticed the camera. "Are you recording?" she asked as she covered her face. I nodded, "none of that, I look gross" she said as I chewed at my lip.

"Its only going to the guys" I said as I walked toward her, pulling her into me. "And I think you look good, ma" I said as I attached my lips to her skin, peppering her with kisses as she grazed my skin with her nails.

--

I watched Avery from the kitchen, seeing her strum on the guitar and hum along. "Play it for me, baby" I said as walked toward her, running my fingers through her tousled hair. She got up, playfully dancing in front of the tv as I let out a small laugh, "you're a rock star baby" I said as I grabbed my phone turning on the flashlight, waving it around for effect before I pulled her into my lap.

"You're my rock star" I said as buried my nose in her hair, as she shook her head and laughed off my comment. "Can I come backstage?" I asked as Avery pressed her tongue to her cheek before she straddled me in nothing but my own t shirt. Things were hot and heavy and I don't know who was fighting for dominance more in the kiss, but we couldn't get each other's clothes off fast enough.

The teasing was unbearable as the kisses quickly became sloppy, and then there was a faint cry in the distance. "No" I whined out as I threw my head back on the couch as Avery let out a sigh, "but we were just gon- " I said as I nervously fumbled with my words before looking at the ground. "Marsh" she said, before letting her lips linger on mine before she tended to our daughter.

--

The Next Morning

As Avery and I stood in the kitchen the front door swung open, "Dad, Av!" Hai said as we heard her foot steps down the hallway. "Kitchen" we both said in unison. "Have you guys seen your socials, at all in the past twenty four hours?" she asked trying to catch her breath. I shook my head as Avery shrugged, "no, why?" she asked confused.

"You're trending" Hai said as Avery furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean, I'm trending?" she asked as she shook her head. "How am I trending?" she asked as she grabbed her phone, opening every single social media app to a video of her singing. "Marshall" Avery said as she continuously scrolled on her phone. "Avery" I barely choked out, as I shook my head.

"Did you post this?" she asked, as I quickly tried to form the right words.

"No, baby" I said, "I mean, I took the video but I only sent it to the guys cause they knew I was getting the guitar for you" I said as I stumbled over my words. Avery sighed heavily, "who posted the video, Marshall?" she asked sternly.

"I- I don't know baby" I said, "the only thing I can think of, is someone on my team got a hold of it and posted it to my account" I said as I chewed at my lip. "I swear on everything, I did not post that video"

"If you want it down, I will get it taken down" I said as I pulled her into me, trying to sooth her. She nodded, "Avery don't, read the comments. People love your voice and they love you" she said as she chimed in on the conversation.

--