Chapter 3.

September 2011. 

Violet got in a fight at school, are we surprised? 

No, not really. 

The girls who had come up to her on the first day came up to her again and started shit talking her. I did my part until she threw the first punch; from there, I let her have it. 

It wasn't my fight, yes, I wanted to help, but it wasn't my cross to bear. 

I drove her home since we took the car and walked into the kitchen. She was trying to cover up her bloody forehead with her hat.

"Hey, you two." 

"Hi, Mom." I said as we walked into the kitchen. Violet didn't say anything and began walking away quickly with her head turned away. 

"Whoa. Violet, come here." she walked closer, "What happened to your face?" 

"Fell down." 

nice one, Vi. 

My mom sighed before making her sit, "Maia, what happened?" she asked me since she knew Vi wouldn't say anything. 

"She got beat up in the cafeteria." 

"Boy or girl?" 

"Girls, three of them." Vi put her head down in shame as I explained. If she asked her, she would've gotten a lie or nothing. 

I'm so glad I only have one more year left. 

"Hope they look worse than you do." Mom got a cloth from the drawer and began putting water on it before walking over and dabbing it on her forehead. 

"You know their names?" she asked, I got bored so I headed up to my room. I didn't need to be there unless my mom needed me to be. 

I went up to my room and saw Tate sitting in the chair by my bed, "Hey." I put my bag down on my bed. 

"We should do something about those bullies. They're going after Violet, we don't want them to go after you next." 

I wondered how he knew, I hadn't told him and Violet was with me, so...?  

"So what do you think we should do?......wait, how do you know what happened?" 

"Go get Violet, we'll need to plan out our route." 

I nodded slightly, how did he even get in here?

I went to the door and called Violet's name, she came up into my room and her eyes widened when she saw a cute blonde boy in my chair. 

"Tell Tate about the girls." 

She looked at me questioningly but nodded, she then walked further into my room and started ranting about the girls. 

Tate listened intently, I could see his brain coming up with things, ideas, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good though. 

"Okay, you want her to leave you alone? Stop making your life a living hell? Short of killing her, there's only one solution. Scare her. Make her afraid of you. That's the only thing bullies react to." 

"How's she supposed to do that?" I asked, his eyes flashed to me but went back to Violet quickly. 

"It's simple. You simply walk up to her and say...."

"Here's the deal. I need you to stop harassing me. I got what you want, drugs. Come to my house tomorrow for a free sample. I'm a dealer and a good one. I got the best shit in town."