14

George wakes up in a forest, on a soft mossy patch under a tree. The scent of flowers hangs heavily in the air, but it feels wrong. How... How did he get here? He doesn't remember going to sleep. Or going to a flower forest. Or- wait. What does he last remember? He can't recall. It's just.... fuzzy.

Taking in his surroundings, he becomes more confused. The forest is beautiful but it feels, just, wrong. There's no breeze. He spots dust on a tulip. The sky is a bright blue but the clouds stay still. As he walks, he comes to the decision that he's either dreaming or in a synthetic forest. This is confirmed when he suddenly is in darkness. The sun doesn't set, it's just dark. Beautiful stars twinkle above. Then its day. Then it's winter. He tries to walk in a straight line but he finds going straight rather difficult and ends up right where he had started.

"Hello?" He calls out, and got no answer. He picks a single daisy and looks at it closely. It's real, alright. He closes his eyes and tries to imagine the time that Dream had taken him to  flower field. That's when he got these glasses. That's when he saw all the colors for the first time. Greens and blues and purples and an infinite more. The memory makes him feel warm and happy. Dream...

He's woken up in random forests before, but it's always Dream who wakes him. His best friend, come to rescue him. Dream seemed to be the only one to notice when he went missing before. Where was Dream now? How long had George been asleep?

His inventory was empty but there seemed to be no danger here. He climbs a brown tree and after some searching, finds an apple. Oaks and apple trees were usually so hard to tell apart. Biting into the red, juicy apple felt good. He hadn't realized how hungry he was. With no sun to get a good reading off of, he can't try to navigate his way out. Not that it matters when he doesn't know where he is in the first place.

How long he sat in the tree, perhaps no one knows. But eventually Dream did come. Dream panicked when he saw the tree George woke up under, as if he had known he was once there.

"GEORGE?" Dream calls, spinning in circles frantically to look around. In a playful mood, George drops right in front of Dream, giving the green boi a heart attack.

"What took so long, Dream?" George jokes. Dream doesn't respond in an expected way.

"George, don't do that. I thought something had happened to you." Dream snaps. George looks confused.

"Why? I'm always fine. What even is this place?" George asks.

"Listen carefully to me. You are in danger. You're at my vault. The entire server is at war and you got thrown into the center of it because of a stupid mistake. Everyone thinks that you're on the other side, and everyone but me wants to kill you." Dream has his hands on each of George's shoulders, looking deep into George's eyes.

"Dre- what is- why?" George asks frantically.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry. But I couldn't risk losing you. So I brought you here." Dream explains, his voice cracking.

"Why didn't you wake me up? We could have-"

Dream takes his mask off and George sees his green eyes wet with tears. Dream only took his mask off once for George, and it's been years. It's more than enough to shut George up.

"You wouldn't wake up, George.  I was scared. So I brought you here. I have to go now, there's a lot going on. Just... dont leave, ok?" Dream requests. George silently nods. Dream places down an ender chest and a normal chest, which he quickly fills then takes his leave. In the chest is a bed and enough assorted food to last years. In the enderchest is George's, well, his enderchest things. Most importantly a sword to defend himself.

Of course he's still mad at Dream over the whole dethronement thing. But this is something entirely different. Server wide war. It's a scary thought.

He tries to follow after Dream but just ends up back where he was before, again. He runs a few laps until he gives in and puts his bed under the apple tree and lays down. He clearly slept for a very long time, but he was still so tired. Why is he like this? It's as if there's a spell on him to fall asleep whenever something goes down.

Almost as if someone has been doing this to him.

Wait a second. Dream. Has Dream been doing it? Protecting him? It would make sense. George sits up to think.

It really does make sense. Dream is always the one to find him. And to start fights and wars. He has some weird power over this world, not quite like a God, but close. So much is adding up.

George decided then and there that there would be a conversation when dream comes back. He needs answers.

"Dream owes me an explanation." He says outloud. But he forgot something

S p e a k o f t h e d e v i l,
a n d h e s h a l l c o m e

A n d  c o m e , h e  d i d,  i n d e e d