🎃🕯Chapter 03: All Hallows Eve🕯🎃

The annual celebration hosted by Allison's family was now in full swing. As I mentioned previously, I helped in the catering side of things, as well as the costume making.

It was a promise I made with the Watts family for taking care of me since before the events of the story of the Sanderson sisters.

You see, I was taken in by Isabella Watts, Allison's ancestor, after my father passed away when I was but 5 years old. I did not know who my mother was until my 16th birthday, when my powers had suddenly appeared.

They say a witch gets their powers on their 16th birthday, which is why she turned up out of the blue, bearing me a gift.

That gift was this necklace that I have been wearing. It protects me from any spells that is cast upon me, so long as I wear it. When I remove it, I become invisible; one of the curses that wretched Winifred had put upon me because I was trying to rescue Emily along side my beloved, Thackery Binx.

Unfortunately, we never did get the chance to speak to together as we promised after the incident.

When I woke up after using too much of my magic which had drained a huge chunk of my energy, I was on a ship with Isabella travelling to England. Isabella vowed to keep me safe amongst her family as I was like a daughter to her.

Being the last living Sanderson, rumours had spread about me being a witch, so I made a promise to only use my magic in case of emergencies and out of the eye of the public. By doing so, I would have to remove my necklace and allow Winnie's curse to take effect.

In return for the Watts family keeping my real identity a secret, I agreed to become the family's official guardian, as well as the babysitter for the children of the family until they were old enough to leave home, and until my curse is miraculously lifted. It was the least I could do for the family.

When I was invisible, I used my magic to help the residents of Salem whenever there was an incident that happened.

And so, my very own story was given it's own title of which the members of the Watts family refer to me as: The Secret Sanderson Of Salem.

During the 300 years of living amongst Allison's family, I tried to visit the old Sanderson home so I could see Thackery once again, but Winnie's spell had prevented me from doing so. When I call out to him, I receive no response. It's as if the spell Winnie used to stop me from entering the house also makes it look as if no one can see me from the inside.

My only hope of reuniting with him is if a virgin were to light the Black Flame Candle, but if I know Thackery well enough, I know for certain that he was most likely protecting the candle, and for good reason.

My suspicions become true when I first caught word of the so-called story: The Sanderson Sisters.

Anyway, enough about that. It's Halloween, and I was speaking to some guests, who of course, were all dressed in Victorian-style clothing.

I was also wearing a Victorian style outfit. It represents who I am - a good witch, but also makes for an awesome costume, as the people of today would word it. I make the dresses every year, seeing as I was born before that era myself and lived through it.

Making clothes, as well as blankets to help people keep warm during the cold season, is something I've always loved to do during my spare time. Isabelle taught me herself.

 Isabelle taught me herself