🎃🕯Chapter 09: 🎶I Put A Spell On You~🎶🕯🎃

*Evangeline's POV*

I warned them.

I told them that it was a bad idea to explain everything to this random man dressed in a police officer costume because he wasn't a real one, but they wanted to try their luck anyway in case he was an actual police officer.

Even to this day, I can still never fully understand mortals.

Anyway, now that that's over and done with, Allison, Thackery and I followed the Dennison siblings to the Town Hall where it was holding its anual Halloween costume party for adults, in hopes that maybe their parents would believe what is currently happening, and what is also yet to come.

Once we arrived, we walked straight in and up a set of stairs, although the doorman told us to not go up there.

Technically, he said about how kids shouldn't be up there, and since I'm not mentally a child, I should be allowed to go up there, but that isn't important.

The room was full of people dressed up in random costumes and dancing along to a jazz/rock band onstage. At least it wasn't my mother and her sisters singing. I remember one time when they did that, they hypnotised an entire village. It wasn't Salem though. It happened elsewhere.

Little did they know that their spell hadn't lasted long because I managed to counteract it using my own song in a form of a spell.

"I'm gonna look for mom." Dani said over the music while holding Thackery in her arms.

"I'll go with them." I told Max and Allison before walking beside Dani away from them.

It wasn't easy trying to get past people dancing in the way, but fortunately, Dani managed to find her mother close to the stage dressed as Madonna. "Mom?"

She turned around and faced us. "Hm?"

"What are you supposed to be?" Dani asked.

Her mother looked at her in slight confusion. "Madonna. Well, you know...well, obviously...don't you think?"

"I think it's a great costume, Mrs. Dennison." I said politely.

"Thank you." She smiled gratefully at me. "You must be Splendora Evangeline Sanderson, right?"

I blinked in confusion. "Uh...."

Mrs. Dennison carried on. "From what the legend says about The Secret Sanderson Of Salem, the youngest Sanderson witch had your exact description: blonde, blue eyes, about 16 years old, and mentioned that she'd be wearing modern clothing to blend in with humans. The broomstick you're holding is a dead giveaway. I can't believe I remember that all of a sudden. Must be all this dancing and music getting to me, you know?"

How did I forget that I've been carrying my broomstick with me this entire time?

"Mom, this cat here, Binx." Dani lifted him up slightly to show her mother. "He can talk, and he's known Angie here for more than 300 years. My brother's a virgin. He lit the Black Flame Candle. It undid a curse that Angie was put under that wouldn't let Binx see or hear her at all. The witches are back from the dead, and they're after us."

"And to add to what Dani is telling you, I am definitely the youngest Sanderson witch. Half witch, half human." I tried to convince her. "And like the story, I'm also the good witch."

"We need help." Dani begged.

"How much candy have you both had?"

I resisted the urge to groan and roll my eyes. Why did I decide to tell her the truth when she wouldn't believe a word we said in the first place?