🎃🕯Epilogue🕯🎃

"Max, Angie, are you okay?"

Max plonked himself on the grass and sighed tiredly. "Yeah...I think so?"

"You saved my life." Dani said. "Both of you."

He turned to lay on his side and faced Dani. "Well, I had to. I'm your big brother."

"I love you, jerk face." Dani spoke truthfully.

"I love you, too." Max responded before they hugged each other, then Dani helps him up.

I smiled fondly at the siblings. "I did it because I care about you all as if you are my family, and I also knew that it was the right thing to do." I walked beside Dani, and Max was walking the other side of her with his arm around her. 

When we reached father and Allison, I hugged Allison. She gratefully returned the gesture. "You would have done Isabella proud, Allison."

"Thank you, Angie." I heard her say. "I'm sure she would have been proud of you as well, especially as she took care of you." I pulled away and smiled before moving towards my father.

My smile started turning into a frown at the realisation of the fact that this will be the last time I see him. "I hate the fact that it has come to this. Only difference this time is that I actually get the chance to say goodbye to you properly."

He brought me in for a warm, or rather cold hug, and I am almost certain that he was smiling. "Saying goodbye is something no human, nor zombie, wishes to go through, but that is the funny thing about life. You are born, you live to tell the world your story, and then you die, but even though you are gone physically, you are never truly gone, which is why I will say this: Even though I no longer live, I am, and always will be with you."

"Live your best life Splendora. If not for me, then do it for those you care about deep within your heart, but most importantly, do it for yourself. I always knew you wouldn't turn out to be like that buck-toothed trollop or her sisters. You've proven yourself to be a selfless person, and that is the reason why I am proud to call you my daughter."

I didn't bother to stop the tears from falling from my eyes like a waterfall. "I love you so much, Papa."

He placed a kiss on the top of my head and rubbed my back soothingly. "I love you too, my little Sunflower."

I pulled away and stood beside Dani, bringing her into a side hug. "Sleep well."

"Bye, Billy." Dani said as father climbed into his grave. "Have a nice sleep."

"Hey, Billy." Father looked at Max, wondering what it was that he wanted to say to him. "Thanks." Allison and I waved at him just as he stretched his arms out and yawned loudly before falling back, making us laugh.

Dani looked around in confusion. "Where's Binx?"

I looked around with her, but when I found him, his body wasn't moving. He wasn't breathing at all. "Oh, no, Thackery." I knelt beside his with Dani sitting the other side of him. "Why haven't you woken up yet? Come on, Thackery."

"Binx!" Dani cried.

"He's gone." Allison said softly. "He's gone, Dani." She smiled at me sadly. "I'm so sorry, Angie."

"But he can't die, remember?" Dani asked, not believing what Allison had confirmed to us. Even I didn't want to believe it either. "Wake up, Binx!" Dani shook him to try and wake him up as if he was asleep instead. "Binx, wake up like last time!" She hugged his body and cried.

"Dani." A familiar voice said behind me. "Come on, please don't be sad for me."

I stood up and turned around. I took a couple of steps forward and looked at the human from head to toe in surprise, not believing what I was seeing at all. "No way..."