FIFTY-TWO

today was thea's first day of school. it had come round quicker than she thought, and now she was currently panicking and rushing around her room to make sure she had everything in her bag.

the previous week - on the friday - she had gone in, in the morning to collect a paper copy of her timetable and to get a tour of the uni. while there, she briefly met her teachers and the other important members of staff.

and also, she snuck a few pictures of the big university to send to the boys in the groupchat which resulted in many shocked emoji faces.

it has been 2 weeks since she had met the boys, and she honestly felt lighter now that she didn't bare the secret of knowing who they were. since the day, the groupchat was even more active, people sending face pics every now and again. and of course, kai and thea had been messaging even more than before - if thats even possible.

imessages
kai

kai✌
good luck today.
you're gonna
smash it!

thea🤍
i freaking hope so

kai✌
you will, i know it💞
THEA🤍 LIKED THIS MESSAGE

the brunette girl couldn't help but grin at the message sent by the other german boy.

all of a sudden, aliyah bursted into her room, an annoyed yet panicked look on her face. "hey girl, i know you wanna message your boyfriend but if you don't get your pretty butt in the car right now, you're gonna be late."

thea's eyes widened, not realising she had gotten distracted by the message and quickly grabbed her back, following ali out of the flat, to her car.

----------

thea gently knocked on the door of the lecture room. well....if you could even call it that. it was more like a classroom, but instead of a desk at the front, there was a stove, kitchen island, fridge and a freezer.

her professor, who she learnt to be mr. hayes (who actually preferred his first name, james) smiled at her from the stove and waved her into the empty room. thea had decided to arrive to the lecture 5 minutes early to have a chat and prepare herself.

mr. hayes was a middle aged man, probably 5 or so years younger than her dad. he seemed like a kind and genuine person, whichever eased her nerves.

"you must be dorothea?" he smiled at her.

the brunette nodded, "yes. but you can call me thea. everybody does, sir."

"sir?" mr. hayes let out a loud chuckle, "christ, i haven't heard a student call me that since when i taught in secondary school! please call me james, that's what all the students address me by!"

thea let out a laugh, nodding.

"you're one of our external transfer students? germany, right?"

"yep, thats me," thea nodded with a small grin.

"fantastic! well as you would have gathered, you are a first year - obviously - but the majority of the people will be a year younger than you as you've essentially 'had a year out' ", he explained, doing finger quotes marks at the end.

thea nodded.

"and as you know this course is 50% theory and 50% practical too! so if you have any questions then feel free to give me a shout or an email or anything."

"i will," thea smiled gratefully as a few students started to enter the room, "thank you so much, sir- i mean james!"

he gave her a quick nodded before ushering the rest of the students to their seats with a wide smile on his face.

thea chose a seat not too close to the front but also not too close to the back. she quicky settled in, taking off her bag and coat before looking around.

she bit her lip anxiously, noticing everybody else knew somebody else.

this is starting to feel like a repeat of the chelsea match, she thought.

"hey, is this seat taken?"

thea glanced to the left to see a girl with long auburn hair, pointing at the chair next to her.

"oh! uh- it's not taken," the brunette said after a split second.

"okay cool," the auburn haired girl responded, "do you might if i sit?"

thea shook her head immediately, "i don't mind at all! feel free.

"cool thank you," she began to sat down, "im elaine by the way!"

"im thea!" the german greeted back, almost instantly feeling more comfy.

she sighed, maybe this year wasn't going to be too bad after all.

JUNO'S NOTES
soo um...i have acc
not planned any
chapters past this
one so if you don't
get an update
next week its cos
im still planning😭

like obvs i know the
general direction but
not what im putting
in each chapter. but
oh well.

half term is rn but
im acc doing stuff
for once in my
life lmao.

but im hoping to
plan to almost the
end at least bcos
i want to finish this
fic before xmas!

also, i wanted to
make james hayes
a really young and
hot teacher but that
would confuzzle
everything so i
decided against
it lmfao.

and yet again im
disappointed w
this chapter soz
guys but
hopefully it
gets better