TWENTY-SEVEN

"hi, welcome to becker's cafe! what would you like to order?"

thea greeted the customer who had entered the cafe with the same phrase that had been ingrained into her brain since age 12.

the women smiled back at her, politely. "a small americano please and im not sure what else to order - i haven't been here in a while. what do you recommend?"

"one small americano..." thea repeated to herself as she tapped the order onto the screen before turning to the woman, "well at the moment our two bestsellers are the hazulent brownies and the red velvet cupcakes. but my personal favourite is the caramel biscuits."

she smiled lightly at the memory of when she had shown kai the cafe and had tried her biscuits. although she would never admit it out loud, she missed him. yes, she messaged him basically every day, but she missed physically being with him.

"well, in that case, i will take one of each thing you just said," the woman laughed, "i'm sure my husband or children will eat it up!"

thea chuckled lightly at her joke, adding one of each to the order before pressing the pay button. "eat in or take away?"

"take away, i'm afraid. got a busy day."

"that's alright!" thea smiled, 'don't worry about it. card or cash?"

"card, please."

the woman quickly put in her card, tapping in her pin, giving thea a chance to have a look of hair. she had gorgeous curly brown hair that was mid-length and had vibrant blue eyes.

"your order will be ready in a few minutes ma'am," thea said, the woman nodding in response.

thea wandered off to the other side of the counter sorting out a few things and checking the times for the deliveries that were supposed to be coming today.

they usually got deliveries at the beginning of every month with everything that they would need. but, if they ever ran out during the month then they would add in an extra small order. this time they had run out of the cocoa powder so they had to get an extra order.

the german girl felt eyes on her and hesitantly glanced upwards to see the woman staring at her. awkwardly, she walked back over to the cashier.

"uh, is there anything else i can help you with ma'am?" she asked, a bit nervous as to why they woman was watching her every move

"oh no, everything's alright," she dismissed before adding, "actually....wait yes. are you thea?, dorothea?"

thea grinned. "that's what the badge says ma'am," she pointed to it on her apron, doing jazz hands.

"right silly me," she shook her head, "you look a lot like your mum, you know?"

thea froze.

nobody brought up her mum.

ever.

not heidi. not her dad. nobody.

especially not a random customer.

the brunette girl open and closed her mouth like a fish, not knowing what to say in response.

she then cleared my throat, forcing the lump back down. "how-how do you know her?"

the woman's eyes widened, realising what she had just said. "i-i'm terribly sorry. i didn't mean to spring that on you like that.

she then took a deep breath. "i guess i better introduce myself now." she took a step forwards, holding her arm out across the counter. "my name is anna. anna havertz."

"hav...did you say havertz?" thea murmured shocked, reaching to awkwardly shake the woman's hand.

"yes," anna spoke, "i probably should have introduced myself in the beginning. i'm kai's mum."

"i-oh...wow," thea stuttered, not knowing what else to say.

"we used to live here before kai was born," she explained with a smile on her face, "me and my husband knew your mum and dad."

thea nodded along. it was starting to make more sense now.

"kai had told me about the day he met you and mr. hartmann's party."

those words caused thea to blush.

"and about how you showed him the bakery," she continued, "so i thought it was about time i came and popped by. it's been a long while."

"wow," thea could only mutter out, a smile on her face matching anna's.

"and you're even prettier than her described," anna spoke, her eyes twinkling.

thea blushed even harder at the compliment she was given before coughing a 'thank you'.

"i really do i wish i could stay long to chat but i have to go now," anna sighed.

"that's okay," thea shook her head in understanding.

"say hello to your dad for me!"

"i will don't worry," thea reassured as one of the chefs pushed anna's order through the window. the young girl packed it into a takeaway bag before handing it to anna with her coffee.

"danke," the older woman thanked, nodding goodbye and heading towards the door. she then turned around one last time to say something. "also...don't tell kai that i came. this can be our little secret."

she gave thea a small wink before leaving, the brunette girl standing by the counter in a daze.

i just met kai's mum.

JUNO'S NOTES
well, well, well.
hope you enjoyed
this chapter. something
a little different ;)

as usual i didn't plan
this to happen in this
chapter - i initially had
a completely different
idea (this was idea #2)

also i KNOW that you
guys have been waiting
for thea to meet the other
boys and trust me, it will
be soon! maybe 10 or so
chapters.....