TWELVE

if you guys notice that the speech isn't italic its bcos they're speaking english. realistically idk if that would happen as they're both german but i cba to switch back and forth between italic and normal so enjoy 🤝 (also important disclaimer at the end of this chap)

----------

"i can't believe its actually you," thea mumbled breathlessly, gravitating closer towards the boy, which he did the same to her too.

"me neither," he shook his head, slightly chuckling. "i mean...i thought maybe we would meet one day in the future. but there was only a slight possible chance. but i never expected us to meet so soon."

"just over a month after this all started," she smiled widely, recalling the messages in the groupchat, saying it was her 'anniversary', "well according to mason anyway."

it then sunk in to kai that he had actual met thea at the mention of his close friend's name. after the first accidental message, he and the brunette messaged almost every single day for that whole month. and he would be lying if he said he didn't thoroughly enjoy their conversations.

he took a quick few seconds to scan his eyes over her appearance. he didn't know what he had expected but, my, was she beautiful.

her darkish brown hair was in its natural state of a mix of curly and wavy. she wore a cropped long sleeve black top with high waisted leather legging. she was quite tall for a girl - around 5"9 and with wedged shoes she was an inch or two taller.

"how are you?" she asked, not knowing what else to say.

"i'm alright," he smiled, "what about you?"

"tired but good," the brunette smiled back. the two were now at the centre of the terrace, about a metre apart, leaning against the cool, metal railing. "how do you know mr. hartmann?"

"it's more so my parents than me," he explained, "they were supposed to be here tonight but they couldn't make it so they sent me instead. i have met him a couple of times, though."

"and finding a gift for him was hard!"

thea laughed loudly and kai thought it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. "i told you! what did you get him in the end?"

"i just got him a whisky my dad recommended," he grinned, "you can never go wrong with alcohol."

"that is true," she nodded, before switching the subject, "according to some people there's gonna be a famous person here. you seen anyone around?"

kai's eyes widened slightly, which the girl didn't seem to notice as he formed a response, "o-oh really? i didn't know that. i don't know anybody."

he wouldn't consider himself famous, rather he would prefer the term well-known, but he knew there was nobody else people could have been talking about apart from himself. he felt slightly guilty for not telling the truth to thea, feeling as if she should know who he really is.

"so why are you outside and not inside looking for this famous person?" he joked around.

thea smiled lightly and shrugged, "i'm just tired of the party already. it's been a long day and the party has already been so long with all the people."

especially amelie, she thought.

"what about you? don't you wanna look around for this famous person?" she flipped the question.

kai clenched his jaw slightly, laughing, while also slightly diverting the topic of the question. "that's not really my thing. i just came out for a breather and just to relax. my dad told me there was only going to be around 50 people but it certainly doesn't feel like it."