Chapter 11: Tim

I wake up and am blinded by the white lights and bright white walls. Where am I? Wait where's Lucy? Did she survive? Where's Rosal-?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a feeling. I look at where it came from. My eyes widen as I see Lucy holding my hand and resting her head on top of our intertwined hands. She's fast asleep and I don't wanna wake her, so I don't move at all, just stare at her.

I try to think back to what happened.

All I can remember is Lucy opening the door, and Rosalind threatening her followed by a sharp pain in my right side. Next, I remember my vision blurring as I hear Lucy fighting with Rosalind.

At this moment with our hands intertwined, I can think about one thing only. I'm in love with the woman holding our hands.

I must've drifted back to sleep because when I open my eyes again it was dark outside. But Lucy's still sitting next to me and is still holding my hand in hers.

I look up at her and can see her eyes now. Her face is scratched, her eyes blue and her lip cut but she manages to smile at me.

"Hey there Bradford. How are you feeling?"

"My head is killing me, I'm hungry but I'm glad to have made it out of there alive.

Hey Lucy? Can you tell me what happened? My mind is a blur,"

She starts explaining to me everything that happened after I got shot. Her eyes tear up when she's thinking back at the sight of me being shot.

I get up slowly and grab her face. This time, it's my turn to surprise her. I can feel by her sudden frozen posture that I succeeded. I smile as I'm kissing her with more desire than ever before.

We both catch a breath and we stare into each other's eyes. We don't say a single word, but we don't need to. I want to pull her to the bed I'm lying in but fail miserably because the wound on my side is hurting like a bitch! I can read the worry in her eyes because I flinch in pain. Lucy crawls into the bed and lays beside me. We both know there's still a lot to be discussed but for now, we're both happy we made it out alive.

Rosalind is locked up behind bars, so there's no more danger for either of us. We rest our bodies on each other and drift off laying in the comfort and safety of each other arms.