Chapter 7: Tim

After the last one I should've seen this one coming, yet I didn't see a thing. I'm stumbling backward trying not to fall because Lucy grabbed my face, and pulled me down to match her lips. She starts kissing me like there's no tomorrow. I'm too surprised to do anything, but quickly recover and soon we're exploring each other's mouths simultaneously. I'm trying to not be too eager with her at first, but my brain isn't in control anymore. 

How am I this perplex after just a kiss? I've never felt like this with Ashley or anyone before. I feel like my belly is going to catch on fire if I continue exploring her. But I hold my desire back with all the willpower in the world. Instead, my hands went up her back, to her shoulders then back down to hold her lower back so that I could close the space between us fully. It squished the air out of both of our lungs. I ended up placing my hands on either side of her face, holding on for as long as possible. She broke the magic by pulling back. I didn't have time to comprehend what had just happened because she rubbed her hands all over my mouth to 'smear her lipstick' on my face. She didn't look at me again before she opened the door. 

I was completely in shock and felt like my brain was turned off. I didn't have time to start thinking or even second guess what we had just done. Because if I'm being honest, I was in it as much as she was, she started it, but I was the one who kept it going. Or maybe we both were.

I stepped out of that bathroom and with every step my brain returned back to normal.

We have a lot to discuss when this opp is over.

We land a few minutes later in Las Vegas, I'm so glad we're back on the ground.

The drive over to the casino Hajek's crew is taking us is very quiet. I glare at Lucy and see her staring out the window. All I can think about is that kiss and the way she completely shut my brain off. I only realize I'm staring at her when she looks back at me and our eyes meet. If only I could read, her mind to know what she was thinking.

We drove straight to a casino, as we walk in, I notice Angela and Thorson sitting at a table. I want to go talk to them and I could tell Lucy sees them too.

"Can we please go play a few rounds baby?" She asked me but Hajek's crew answered "euh no you're not! You're staying low profile! We don't want to draw attention."

"Screw that! We're hitting the casino!" Sava said as she dragged me toward the table our friends were sitting at.

As she's walking in front of me, I put both hands on her shoulders. Again?! Why did I do that?

"Hey! Can I play for 500$?" I say as I sit down at the chair next to Angela as Lucy keeps standing behind me.

"You have to keep Tamarra safe!" Lucy spats, more out of an emotional standpoint than anything else.

"Already taken care of. She's at the station trying to help find Rosalind." Angela replies.

Even though we're not touching this time; I can feel Lucy relax a bit more behind me.

"It's ok if you wanna back out. Everyone would totally understand"

"She's solid!" I say and I can feel Lucy staring at me in surprise at my comment. Angela slips me a burner flip phone and we leave the table and my friends behind.