Chapter 10: Lucy

I can hear the gun going off and run towards Rosalind right after. I try to tackle her, but she fires the gun again. This time it's not aiming at anything. I use the opportunity to grab her hands tightly together and pull them behind her back. I'm putting my knee on top of her back to keep her on the floor.

I can see Tim trying to get up, his face as white as a sheet. As our eyes interlock, I can hear footsteps from behind me.

I look into Tim's eyes, I'm completely terrified that Rosalind is going to send backup. But two seconds after the thought has left my mind, I hear a familiar sound.

"We got her Lucy, let her go"

Lopez, Nolan, Thorsen, and a few Swat people are dragging Rosalind out of the room. As soon as my hands are free from Rosalind, I sprint towards Tim, whose eyes are starting to close off.

"Hey hey!! Stay with me, please! Bradford!!" I'm screaming in worry as I can hear Angela calling for an ambulance. I notice blood coming out of this abdomen and start putting pressure on it.

By the time the ambulance arrives my hands are soaked in Tim's blood, but I don't want to leave his side for a second. I hold his hand as the paramedics work on him. His eyes are closed now but I can see his chest rising and falling which is my way of knowing he's still alive.