𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟔

〘 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 〙

━━ ━━ ━━ ━━ ━━ ⌲ ━━

"Hwaah—Huh? [Y/N]?"Gray yawned by way of greeting and settled himself on the empty seat next to you as you swallowed another mouthful bite of your breakfast — five pieces of pancakes bathing in maple syrup.

His eyes fixated on your clothes when the two of you exchange a wave."What's with the outfit? It looks like you are going somewhere far."

"Just going for another quest."You offered a bite of your pancake with the same fork and he took it. "I decided to dress up a little."

"Hm? Stay safe then—"He stopped munching the food when his gaze fell on your bandaged arms and head, obscuring your left eye from being seen. He sucks the air through his teeth,

"Are you sure?"He hesitated, recalling your face when you were covered in your blood. "The S-Class exam just happened 3 days ago and you were badly injured after fighting Laxus. Darn it, that jerk doesn't even hold back."

"Yeah."You had to agree with him. Laxus beats you up pretty badly but you weren't mad at him at all. Maybe a little that he almost makes you blind but not too much.

To you, it seems like he saw something in you that others didn't because as soon as the match began, he charged at you with lightning speed. Surprisingly, you instinctively managed to react and dodge his delivered punch from colliding against your bowel.

For a moment, after seeing the look on his face, you were terrified.

"But I'm glad he didn't."

However, you are not the one who ended up in the infirmary in a knocked-out cold state and was asleep for 3 days straight. How unlucky that person was Laxus.

"You're glad?"The male snorted in disbelief and erupted into a small laugh. "Who would feel glad when they almost got beaten to death?"

"Maybe I am the eldritch type of person."You joined him along until he decided to get himself breakfast as you finish yours.

With your indolent exceeds sleeping placidly in your bag that they somehow turned into their sleeping bag, you and Gray continue to chat while you let your partners continue sleeping.

Minutes pass by, Natsu, Erza, and the kids around your age soon filled the empty spot around the table. The guild starts their day with loud chatter, some thinking about what kinds of quests they will take or with who they want to go.

It didn't take long enough before the guild starts getting merrier.

And you are in no rush as your quest won't be taken away from you. That also means you want to feel everyone's presence a little longer.

Their laugh, their smiles, and their chaotic energy! Oh, how you will miss those.

"Well, I'll be going now."You showed the rolled paper in your grip to your friends, adjusting the bag straps on your shoulder — which is now lighter when the cats have finally woken up from their slumber.

"See you soon."The end of your voice slightly cracked. Anxiety starts to build up inside you at the possible thought in those years, will they remember you?

"Yeah, [Y/N]."Erza starts, glancing up at you with a slight smile.

"See you later, [Y/N]!"All of them said simultaneously — Natsu was the loudest and he yelled right next to Gray's ear, and that resulted in them starting bickering again; the third time for today. It's still morning at that!

Watching their usual antic, you laughed.

"Yeah, I will miss them."It came as a whisper. You exchanged a wave with Cana and Levy while Erza stops the two from ripping off each other's hair.

That's when you close the guild's doors behind you.

───────────────

Your black pointy hat and black robe beautifully adorned your figure, your exceeds checking any necessary items that you might left in your house.

"Leaving already?"The familiar voice behind you asked and you hummed.

"The later I go, the later I come back."

"Do you have enough jewels?"

"More than enough."

"Any magic items? Should I lend you some? I still have some lacrima you still can use—"

"Master."You stopped him from rambling, bestowing a gentle smile to the old man. "I'll be okay.

You watch as his gaze softened and sighed. "...of course you are."

It was his turn to smile.

"Have a safe journey, [Y/N]."

You look back at the guild and your eyes widened at the familiar color of blonde hair. Your and his eyes met.

Chuckling, you returned his wave, "Send my regards to your grandson. Tell him I'm sorry for my last blow."

You shrugged and sit on the floating broom as it began ascending to the sky. "Didn't mean to make it hurt too much."