𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟓

〘 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄 〙

━━ ━━ ━━ ━━ ⌲ ━━ ━━

"I couldn't invite you two to my personal library, that's why we will settle your problems in the guild's library instead— stay focused, Lisanna."You snapped your fingers at her before her mind could wander off somewhere else.

Settling yourself in the provided chair, you open your palm when the glitter of stars seems to form on it before a black colored Gale-Force Reading Glasses appeared from the thin air as it fell into your palm.

You infused the glass Lacrima with a bit of your Wind Magic before putting it on.

By doing so, your glasses can boost the speed of reading up to 120 times without sacrificing the desired thinness of the glasses. It was worth all the jewels that you've used to buy this magic item.

"Let's cut the chase and tell me what you want."

"We want to learn magic!"The youngest one whose name was Lisanna answered with a carefree smile plastered on her pink lips.

Unlike her older sister, you like the little siblings more. The timid older brother and the optimistic little sister.

"Yeah, Master already told me about that. But he didn't indicate to me what types of magic you want to learn."You explained while taking a blank paper and a light pen in your hands to jot down any details of magic they want.

"I like your fervency but, mind to elaborate?"

You watch them exchange a glance and much to your surprise, the Elfman stepped forward. Unlike his usually red face, his face shows everything but timidness.

"Do you... perhaps know what Mira-nee's magic?"

Raising an eyebrow at their questions, you pondered a bit. You don't observe it carefully but you probably have an idea of what kind of her 'curse' is.

You ended up answering their question with a simple but meaningful nod,

"Yes, I do."

───────────────

"You were sure about that?"

Upon hearing his words along with his intimidating gaze, you broke into cold sweats. Currently, you and Master observe everyone else from the second floor until he decided to open his mouth.

"Not really 100 percent but there might be a little tiny bit of possibility that her curse was a Demon Soul Magic. Lisanna told me the details of what happened during their stay at their previous village."

Suddenly, you were assailed by a realization that seemed to crush your body.

What if your intuitions are wrong? What if the magic you taught the two went to the south? You felt the adrenaline run in your veins as your body starts trembling.

Seeing this, Makarov gently placed his hand on your back for assurance. With a wide grin, he said,

"I'm sure you've done a splendid job, [Y/N]."

Blinking your eyes, you softly sighed with relief at his words. Despite being 14 years old growing teenager, after living for years in this guild, you want nothing but their approval and them being proud of you.

"But Master, "You started slowly. For a moment you look at him before turning your gaze to the others. To look at your friends as if their smiles could bring some courage into your body.

He sensed hesitation coming from you when you unconsciously starts playing with your fingers.

"About 10 years quest in your office... Can I have that one?"

"[Y/N]."It was his turn to sigh nevertheless, you stopped him from saying any further. You aren't backing down for this one.

"I know, I know. I am still a teen but there will be an upcoming S-Class Trial Exam next week. You know how I am much stronger than the others. I could handle myself much better than kids my age could. Or even an adult—"

This time, you are the one who cut yourself from your gibberish by bringing a hand over your mouth. Your eyes fluttered shut, cringing at what you had said.

Without your knowing, you have selfishly insulted your comrades.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't know what came over me."

"After the exam."

Your head perked up, "Pardon?"

"After the exam, only if you become an S-Class mage, you can go."You part your lips to say something before shutting them back close when it looks like he is going to say something more.

"You are strong, I won't doubt that. However, if you become an S-Class Wizard, it could lessen my worries a bit at the very least."He grinned and you couldn't help but realized how important you are in his life.

"But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be worried. After all, you are one of my children just like everyone else."

He turned his head to the side and you followed his gaze. To your guild members. To your family, or that's what he have been saying to you.

"Just promise me that you are going to return back to us. Alive."