Chapter 1: Tim

I meant to play it safe by kissing Lucy on the lips with a quick, safe kiss. Nothing too intimate just a quick brush of the lips. But I wasn't prepared for her to grab my face and kiss me like her life depended on it. I'm so surprised at first that I freeze for a second. But after feeling her lips on mine I get pulled towards her like a magnet. I lift my arms up to Lucy's face. Why did I do that? It feels right?!

Our bodies shift towards each other; we're standing so close to one another that I think I can feel Lucy's heartbeat. But maybe I just feel my own heart beat louder than ever before. I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. The moment seems to last a lifetime, yet it also feels like only two seconds. I suddenly hear a click... all my cop-trained senses return to the living room. A split second later I quickly pull out of the kiss and let my cop eyes scan the room, I see Tamarra staring at us.

I feel my face starting to blush as I get more awkward with every passing second. I hate the situation I put Lucy and myself in. I don't dare to look her in the eyes, so I look around the room trying to find something to focus on other than Lucy. Who's standing at the opposite wall far away from me.

Even though I enjoy being around Lucy and Tamarra, I'm not ready to talk about what had just happened, and by Lucy's blushing face I think she isn't either.

"It, this... is nothing, it's work!" Lucy blurs out.

To which I back her: "Yeah, yeah, we're going undercover, and it- ".

But Tamarra cuts us both off saying: "Hey, hey, it's cool you don't have to explain yourself. I...should probably go."

As nice as that kiss felt I had convinced myself we were only practicing going undercover.

Lucy yells at Tamarra to stay. Which confirmed my previous hunch she's not ready to talk about it. So, I make the cautious choice to say: "I... uhg... was about to leave, yeah, I should leave you two to it.". I take one last look at the coffee table, it was empty. So why did I look at it?

I start walking out the door as I hear Lucy saying: "Good work tonight."

I still could barely think so I hear myself say "You too." What?! Where did that come from Timothy??

After that, I make a direct B-line to the door. I quickly close it and let out a long breath, I didn't realize I was holding until that point.

I breathe in the cold night air and my mind returns from the cloud it has been on. How did we get from me being her t.o. to me kissing her? Why was I so comfortable kissing her? I kinda liked it. What if Tamarra hadn't walked in and busted us? Would I have been able to ever stop kissing her? How did she feel about it all?

I try moving all these thoughts out of my head for now, as I get in my car and drive home.