Chapter 71: Choosing Fate [Part 2]

I awoke feeling lethargic and foggy-headed, and a good portion of the left half of my body was numb. Also, my scales felt crusty, for some reason, like there were leaves plastered all over my body. It almost felt like the time I covered my glowing scales with mud, but it didn't feel as heavy. When I shifted a little, some of the stuff stuck to me flaked off, which was rather uncomfortable.

I groaned in discontent and shifted some more, only to realize that I was pinned under something heavy. Confused, I eased open my eyes, granted an upside-down view of a forest floor and a multitude of tree trunks sprouting up in the wrong direction. Huh? I blinked blearily, realizing I was lying on my back in a forest... for some reason. Lifting my head to see what had me pinned, my vision was quickly dominated by gray and brown.

Gray scales with dirt and dead leaves stuck to them. Scales that were part of a neck, which belonged to a dragoness, who was my friend, who was laying on top of me with her head drooping to the left of mine! What the-?!

Finally, memories of last night crashed into my mind.

Intense heat rose to my face, unable to take my eyes off of the dragoness sleeping soundly on me, feeling her chest expanding and contracting with her every slow breath. We... did a lot last night. We argued for a bit, escaped our den before I panicked, argued some more, I spouted so many of my worries, Nibbler dragged the truth out of me, then... we kissed... a couple of times.

Several times, actually. Dozens of times. Hundreds of times. We couldn't seem to get enough of each other, and I suspected it was mostly caused by our suppressed urges that had built up for so long during our maturing phase. It was... embarrassing to think about.

We ran here into the forest once the sun's light started to peek over the horizon. Then, we kissed many more times, even making a game out of who got to pin the other, and eventually collapsed out of exhaustion.

My eyes wandered down Nibbler's side to mine, which both had a lot of dried mud and dead leaves stuck to them. And my numbness was caused by Nibbler sleeping on me, but I didn't want to wake her up to relieve it. My lethargy probably stemmed from staying up so late, not to mention wrestling and... stuff. I can't stop thinking about that...

"Nnnnn..." I perked up a little at hearing Nibbler stirring. It didn't take long for her eyes to flutter open and notice the warm body she was lying on.

In a blink, she was off of me, so flustered that she stuttered incoherently and fidgeted a solid tail-length off to the side. I watched, slightly amused, as she slowly quieted down and went still, her eyes widening in realization. She blinked, looked at me with a blush, then smiled sheepishly. "Eheh..."

I snorted and rolled to my paws, which were still too weak and tingly to carry me, so I laid on my belly instead. The tingling was annoying, but it got worse when I moved, so it was smarter to wait it out.

The silence was deafening.

I looked at Nibbler, who quickly looked away and cleared her throat. "I... n-not know what I do...ing before," she mumbled.

I hummed calmly, ensuring she understood I wasn't bothered. "Thank you."

She looked back up at me, surprised. "Really?"

"You helped me figure out what I wanted to do," I hummed. "If you'll still let me, I-I'd like to continue all... this." 

She blinked and tilted her head. "Yes."

I felt some tension leave my body. She'd already said I could twice before, so I didn't really need to ask, but it was good to know she was still on board. "Okay, awesome, I— Hey, what are you...?" Nibbler strode right up to me and pushed me hard with a paw, rolling me back over. "H-Hey! No fair! My legs are asleep!" Heedless to my complaints, Nibbler grinned and climbed on top of me again, suddenly confident all over again, and giving me a pretty good idea about what came next. "Wait! D-Didn't we just—"