Chapter 10

Andy's POV

Dave is sitting in the kitchen when Andy walks in from school. "Are your grades back up?"

"I'm working on it."

"If you don't get them up, you will not be leaving this house for a while. That means no more practice, and no more Blaine." Andy rolls his eyes and starts to leave the room. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To my room, to do my homework."

"I'm talking to you."

"But you want me to get my grades up."

"I am not going to sit here and get treated like I'm not your father. Because I am. You lost your father, deal with it. He was too much of a pathetic coward for this world. That's why he blew his brains out." Andy stands there frozen, unsure what he needs to say. "Do you know how a conversation works? You answer me."

"But you didn't ask a question."

"DON'T QUESTION ME!!" Dave grabs a knife, pointing it at Andy. "Respect me. Now go to your room!"

Andy wakes up with fear spreading through his veins. He glances around just to make sure Dave isn't in his room. He pulls his phone out, debating calling Blaine. He clicks on his contact, choosing to call him. He lets it ring till it goes to voicemail.

He gets up, throwing on a jumper, climbing out his window. He uses the pole that's on the side of his house to make it down. He runs away from the house, trying to feel something new. The air pierces through his veins. He makes it to the park and relaxes on the bench.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you were waiting for a fix," A voice says to Andy. Andy turns towards the voice and sees a girl he doesn't recognize. She's standing there with her hands tucked in her hoodie pocket.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"No, you don't, but you could." She moves to sit next to Andy, looking into the distance.

"I'm sorry, I'm confused as to why you're here."

"I kept hearing things about you. All things I want to clarify."

"Why?" Andy finally looks at her with confusion etched into his face.

"I'm friends with Annie. She's told me all about you and Blaine. Boy, is it an interesting ordeal."

"There's nothing going on between Blaine and me. He's just my best friend."

"That's what they all say, but I know differently." She reaches into her pocket, grabbing out a joint. Andy looks shocked as he watches her smoke.

"Um, Who are you?"

"I don't think I'm going to tell you that just yet. Let's make a deal, you tell me about you and Blaine, and I'll tell you my name. I'll even add in why I'm here."

"I think I know why you're here. But I'm not sure what you want to know." The girl offers the joint towards him, but he vigorously shakes his head. He's not too keen on drugs.

"Do you like Blaine? Be honest."

"Yes." Andy admits.

"Good job. Does he like you?"

"If he does, he's good at hiding it." He looks at the ground.

"Do you want my opinion?"
"Not really."

"I don't care, you're getting it. I think he likes you. Annie agrees."

"How do you know her?" Andy looks back towards the strange girl.