Chapter 7

Andy's POV

Andy is laying in his room staring at a photo of him and Blaine. It has a memory attached to it he actually remembers. A knock sounds at his door so he stands up to go get it.

"Hey Andy. I know I haven't been home, but I wanted to come and be here for you." A strange man stands there with a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"Oh right, I forgot. I'm Dave, your stepdad."

"Oh right, mom told me she was married. Where have you been?"

"Business trip. I tried to get here sooner but I couldn't. Could I come in?" Andy moves away and lets Dave in. Dave looks around, just taking the scene in.

"Did we get along?"

"Yeah, I always treated ya right. You were always my son, even if you had a father before me."

"What happened to him?"

"Well, from what your mom told me, it was from suicide. It broke your mom, but she stayed strong for you."

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Since you were 7. It's been several years with your mom and I love it."

"So you love her? Would you ever hurt her?"

"Never." Something in Andy's stomach twists.

"Good, I want her to be happy."

"That's all I want too."

"I saw some pictures of a boy in the living room. I have a brother?"

"Yeah, he's in college. Have you not talked to him?"

"No, I don't know who he is."

"Did your mom tell him what happened?"

"Why would I know that?"

"Just wondering."

"Is there anything else you remember about our family?"

"No, not really. Is there something I should remember?"

"No, I'm just trying to help."

"I better go. Make sure you get your room clean." Before Andy can say anything, Dave is rushing out with a slam to the door. Something in Andy's stomach drops to the ground. That's when a memory hits. Dave is sitting in the living room as Andy comes downstairs to get a drink.

"Will you stop going back and forth? It's giving me a headache."

"I'm thirsty. So I'm getting a drink."

"There is no need to be that thirsty. Get a drink and go back upstairs." Andy sulks into the kitchen and gets a huge drink.

"And stop drinking like you're on something." Andy looks back at Dave, who is looking at him like he is the most disgusting thing he has ever seen, like he's the scum on the bottom of his shoe.

Andy looks at his hands that are shaking. His breathing quickens and everything shuts down. The world slows down. He feels as if he can't breathe. The memory flashes over and over in his mind. Suffocating him with the feeling he felt. He stumbles to his bed, trying to gain control. All the air in his lungs escapes him, causing everything to fade to black.

Blaine's POV

Blaine is laying back on his bed. He left Annie's house early this morning, after they fell asleep watching TV. He'd gone over there, planning to talk about why she lied to him, but then he realized he didn't know if he and Andy would be friends again. Blaine didn't want to say something that would make Annie break up with him and end up being alone, with Andy not talking to him. Although he didn't even say anything to her when he left, still freaked out that he was thinking about Andy the entire time.