Chapter 9

Nick's POV

Once we got home, Charlie went inside immediately and didn't wait for me to come with.
I wonder what is wrong with him? i'm not saying thats there's something wrong with him physically but he's a little different from his normal self today. Maybe i have said something wrong, no that can't be, atleast not that i know of.
Or maybe he's just not in the mood today.

I get inside and found Charlie curled up on the sofa. "Char? are you awake?" he turned around and faced me, well i guess he isn't asleep after all.
"Mhm? is there something wrong?" he asked worriedly and i immediately sat beside him.
"No, it's just you've been really quiet lately and i'm worried that i did something wrong today" i told him and he put a hand on my thigh.
"Nothing's wrong Nick, i'm just really tired of talking and just wanted some rest" he explained and sat up beside me and pulled me into a hug.
"Do you just wan't to go to our room and and cuddle on the bed?" i asked him and he just nodded his head
"i would really like that" Charlie said and he stand up, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the stairs and straight to our bedroom.

We got upstairs and layed down on the bed while cuddling each other. "Im going to take a nap" he says sleepily "take a nap then Char, i'll just be by your side the whole time" by those words, Charlie closed his eyes and in just a few minutes, Charlie was deep in his sleep.

A few days later

Me and Charlie are heading to a ring shop to buy our wedding rings.
"Nick hurry up, we have to leave" Charlie says in a hurry.
"I coming in a second Char, just need to tie my shoe's" i replied as i tie my shoes in a hurry because he might leave me.

We finally started to drive to the ring shop, when i was driving Charlie asked a really weird question "are you sure that you want to marry me Nick?" What the fuuck is he talking about? Ofcourse i want to marry him. What kind of question even is that? "what kind of question is that Char? Ofcourse i would want to marry you, you are literally the love of my life and I've been wanting to marry you since we we're teenagers" i said, im still confused on why did he asked that kind of a question, like we've been together since he was year 10 and i was year 11. It has been years since we've goten together, yes we broke up one time but we didn't really broke up. We just thought that we did but we actually didn'.
"I was just wondering" he replied but he kept staring at the window.
"Is that why we're you quiet all of the sudden?" i asked in wonder.
"No, that was a different reason" he replied coldly
"then why did you all of the sudden asked that question Char?"he just shrugged
"can you please stop asking Nick!? Im not really in the mood to answer all of that" Charlie replied a little bit loudly.
"alright, but i'm always here if you wan't to tell me" i continued driving and left Charlie alone the whole car ride.
The drive to the jewellery shop was really quiet, non of us dared to speak and just minded our own business.

We finally arrived at the jewellery shop and it was quite empty to be honest, not many people are inside at the moment.
"Hi , how may i help you" a sales lady approached us.
"Uh hi, im Nick and this is my fiancé Charlie and were here to look for wedding rings" i say as i held Charlie's hand. She looked normal and didn't judged us for being a homosexual couple.
"Alright come with me please" we followed her to a corner with rings inside the glass display "please wait for a few minutes as i get you selection for wedding rings" she exits out the bak and we waited for quite a while until she gets back holding a rectangular black box.
She placed the box down on the counter and opens it.
The rings we're beautiful, most of them were silver and only some are gold, some have gems on them and some had engravings.
"These are your selections for wedding rings" we both looked at each and everyone of them.
"Have you picked on already Char?" i asked and he shakes his head no.
"Have you?" "Nope".

It took us a while to pick the right one. The ring we chose is a silver ring with an engraving on it. The engraving said: Nick and Charlie 6/16/19 (A/n: i just guessed a year to put since heartstopper vol. 1 was set in 2010).
We have to wait for a week until we can recieve the rings because of the engravings, it will obviously take a while.