| Prologue |

• Khyati Parmar •

I sighed as I placed my head on the wall. It's been 2 hours that I'm sitting here with Inayat in my lap. I looked at her sleeping face and then at my mother who is lying on the bed.

I closed my eyes and suddenly someone knocked on the door, I immediately opened my eyes and looked at the door.

"Oh I'm so sorry babe." Shagun whispered and I nodded. She came to me and hugged me and then took Inayat from me and walked towards mom.

"What happened to her, is she okay?" She asked And I shook my head and shrugged.

"I don't know Shah, I don't." I said and hide my face in my hands.

Really I don't know what's going on in my life. Everyday I have a new problem. Yesterday my mom wanted me to get married. And today she is in hospital.

Shagun is not just my sister but more than that. She is like my best friend sometimes a 2nd child of me. I sometimes look at her and realise that she's so strong after what happened with my family. She still handle things like those things never ever happened. Talking about dad. Oh he's enjoying his life with his lover.

Yes, my parents are divorced, I live with my baby, Inayat. We both live in a apartment that is just next to mom's where she and Shagun lives.

When I was 10 I got to know that My dad is having an extramarital affair. And my maa wasn't ready to leave him. She never tried leaving him.

From 10 to 17 I always wonder why maa didn't left him. But then finally 1 day she came to our room and said "Pack your bags."

I and Shagun didn't question her, just listened her and left with her. Everything was very well after that. It's been 10 years and we are happy. But sometimes maybe god don't want us to be so happy so he gave us another problem.

Mom, Shagun and I were living a very nice and a happy life. But then yesterday suddenly maa asked me about wedding.

~Flashback~

"I can't live without you."
"Haa! Obviously you CAN." I said and turned off the Television.

"Beta what happened?" Mom said coming to me.

"Oh did I said that loud?" I said putting my hand on my mouth and maa smiled.

"Acha beta I wanted to talk about something to you." She said and I nodded. "You free na?"

"Yes maa yes tell me." I said and crossed my legs on sofa.

"Beta woh, yesterday I was out with Mahima. She gave me a picture of a boy-

"What? Are you guys planning?" I got shocked "your wedd-
"Are you serious maa? woh bhi after what happened a year ago?" Now I said that out loud.

"Arey baby I know what happened a year ago. How can I forget that?" She said.

"Than why are you-

"But baby, not every boy is same." She smiled.

"Oh really, how do you know?" I asked her.