2-Fiance

Step

Step... step... step

Verspara entered the courtyard.

The nobles all surrounded her Mother at the sight of her.

"Lady Rania! That release of your new handbag was quite exquisite." A random countess said.

Duchess Rania laughed.

"You're too kind."

Verspara rolled her eyes.

'Attention seeking bitch.'

She turned around to meet the Heir of Azuria, Caerein.

"Ah! Lady Huten! It is nice to see you again. You're as pretty as I remember."

'Ah... Your intentions are so obvious.'

"Oh my! You're too kind, lord Azuria!" Verspara politely replied, faking a giggle.

'Lo and behold! My amazing acting!'

"Please, call me Carsein."( pronounced car-se-in)

'How annoying'

"Of course, my lord, if you don't mind, please excuse me. I have to look for my fiancé"

Carsen's smile faltered a bit.

" Of course, Lady Huten."

Taking a few steps back, she excused herself.

Verspara did not want to stay a second longer.

' I have decided. I'm going to run away. This is not working out.'

Verspara began rushing towards the palace.

Carsein watched the lady scurry away. He dropped his smile and sighed.

" Young master, are you alright?" His butler, Rin asked.

"Yes. Now get out of my sight," Carsein growled.

'The crown prince is indeed quite annoying'

Carsein Azuria, the first son of the Azuria duchy, only had one objective in mind today.

Persuade the Huten ladies into cancelling the engagement.

The two duchies were part of the main core of the empire.

Azuria, the golden branch of the empire, and Huten, the Iron branch of the Empire.

Of course, there was also the Castelli Duchy, the wooden branch of the Empire.

Recently, all three duchies have been rising in power. If either of the two duchies joined forces, they would be able to easily overthrow the Imperial family. Unfortunately, Neither the Azuria duchy nor the Castelli duchy bore female children. Thus, to overthrow the Imperial family and claim the throne as Emperor must, of course, marry the pride and joy of the Huten duchy, Verspara Alina Huten. She was born with abundant men and was blessed by the gods. She was the key figure in this whole power struggle. Plus, who wouldn't want to marry a lady who can turn anything into gold? Moreover, a lady from the Huten duchy? She'd be anyone's dream bride.