3: Boundary Set

Izuku stood in the standard season one "Deku" costume. However, with his own preference of black and blue, the green and white were changed respectively. The red shoes sort of clashed, but he didn't mind.

Izuku was standing beside Todoroki and Tsu, since Ochaco and Katsuki were talking behind the three.

Seeing the taller, stoic, male beside him, Izuku decided to introduce himself, hoping by chance that this Todoroki would be a bit more friendly.

"Hey, I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's nice to meet you." Izuku said with his hand up.

When Todoroki turned, he immediately noticed that instead of the rather creepy version of his season one outfit, he wore a black jumpsuit, and didn't cover his body in ice.

"Shoto Todoroki. A pleasure." He replied, shaking Izuku's hand with another nod.

'Has he embraced his powers already? Or did the event not happen? No, the scar is still there. Maybe it was... diffused or something.'

Izuku then grimaced at the thought of a full power Todoroki this early in the series.

'Please, let me fight Katsuki.' He hoped.

"Now, it's time for combat training! This exercise will be used as a method to gauge your critical-thinking skills, time-management, Quirk-efficiency, and your judgment overall, while getting a grasp of your prior knowledge."

All Might was quick to deliver the rundown of the exercise.

"Instead of Urban battles like the entrance exam, we'll be moving two steps ahead, seeing as most altercations take place outside. However, more fiendish and dangerous crimes are commit indoors, under circumstances disadvantageous to the heroes.

For this exercise, you'll be split into Villains and Heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles. This battle is to understand those basics that you may lack. We are here to learn after all, and experience is the best teacher." All Might explained.

'This All Might... He seems to be much more educated or, stern, in a sense. He takes this very seriously. Maybe he wasn't injured in this reality.' Izuku thought with concern, ignorant to All Might's glance in his direction.

"Here is the basic rundown of your scenarios;" All Might opened a script, making Izuku smirk seeing that even this version couldn't do it all. "Villains have hidden a nuclear weapon in their hideout. The Heroes are trying to dispose of that. The Heroes must foil the Villains plan by capturing the villains or retrieving the nuclear weapon in the allotted time."

'The exercise is the same. That's nice. I just have to leave it to chance that the teams are the same!' Izuku thought.

"Teams and opponents will be chosen by lots! So treat this as a way to discern your classmates styles!" All Mighy cheered with a fist pump.

Ochaco glared at Izuku as he stood with a white ball with the letter A on it. He laughed nervously and looked away as she squeezed the same ball in irritation.

As Izuku ignored her, he noticed that Katsuki held a black ball with the Letter D, just like he remembered.

"And it seems that Team A, Heroes, will be facing Team D, Villains! Everyone else, we will observe your classmates from the monitor room. Be sure to pay attention and take notes!" All Might marched away, with most of the class immediately following behind him.

Izuku and Katsuki smiled at each other, before it turned into a competitive smirk.

However, their rivalry was cut short when a peer in white armor walked through their gaze, the helmet over his face portraying that they weren't here for fun.