Chapter Thirteen

Vascaria's P.O.V.

Joey was now on top of me. Straddling me, I was getting more turned on than I ever thought possible. As our tongues danced a small conscience part of my mind, that wasn't swirling in desire, told me to stop before it got too far. Joey should know what I am, and if he hates me then I should let him go. He shouldn't be with me at all. I'm all wrong for him. He should be with a girl that he can grow old with. A girl that he can have kids with, one who will be leaning against him as they grow old. Watching grandkids grow up, and going on picnics in their wrinkled skin. I couldn't let him suffer because of my selfishness. Just because I want him and love him doesn't mean he should have to go through his life getting old without someone to reflect with himself in their old years. So reluctantly I gently pushed him back. At first he looked stunned, then sadness flickered in his eyes, worry covering his face. It was torture even doing this to him.

"What's wrong Vasci?" He asked even more worried by my somber expression.

I sat up and looked directly into his eyes. I felt remorse for making him stand me and for what I was about to tell him. I couldn't bear the though of hurting him but it would be even worse when I couldn't fulfill his life in the next couple decades.

"Joey....I....I have something to tell you....it won't be easy, and I understand if you never want to see me again, but it is incredibly important that you know this before we get serious. I want there to be no lies or secrets between us, you deserve to know everything about me."

He looked even more worried now. I could only imagine what was going on in his beautiful mind.

********************************************************

Joey's P.O.V.

Oh no, is Vascaria breaking up with me? I looked down quickly at my hands in my lap. I knew it was too good to be true. She finally realized that she shouldn't be with me. I was suddenly a little glad that she could get the chance to be with someone better than me. Hell, anybody was better than me. I woud never have been good enough for her. She should be with someone who deserves her, not some stupid guy like me. My glad moment was quickly gone at the thought of losing my first real love. I finally got to grips that what I thought was love was even more. When I waited for her breaking words I could feel my heart slowly but definitely crumbling into a thousand pieces. That is...... until she said the next words.

"Joey, I'm........I'm not a.........." She looked down and I saw a tear fall down her face. Quickly I stood up and hugged her tightly to me. This was one of the best feelings I could have ever experienced. Her in my arms.

"Shh, It's fine, baby. It's fine...Your not a what?" I asked

She pulled back to look at me. Pain in her gorgeous eyes. I instantly felt horrible. I never wanted to see anything hurt her. But what if it was me, hurting her? She quickly uttered the next words.

"I'm not human," She rushed out.

"What?.......... what do you mean 'not human'?" I asked with a humorless laugh.

"Well.....I'm part shapeshifter, part vampire. I'm called a Souphix"

"Really?" I questioned with a slight smirk.

She scowled a little then spoke.

"If you don't believe me then I'll just show you" She said through clenched teeth.

Instantly, Vascaria disappeared and instead, Barack Obama appeared in front of me

"Holy shit! What the hell! Obama! Why are you in my girlfriends house?" I was so confused