Chapter Ten

[VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE THANX]

Over the last few days all I could think about was Joey. When his breath tickled my ear I wanted him so badly. I was ashamed of myself, I mean I was a souphix for god sakes shouldn't I be able to calm my hormones? Over the week Joey and I had had small interactions but nothing big. He had been polite and so had I but we really just couldn't get away from how we wanted each other. Ever little chat we had was a little bit awkward. Physically, of course, for him but for me it now seemed like something else. Which scared the hell out of me. I was on a one way road to heart break. One time we were at lunch and I was at the salad bar. Someone was standing next to me but I didn't care who. I was reaching for a fork when a hand brushed mine and I looked up to see Joey. His hand was still touching mine when he coughed and pulled back his hand and looked down. I felt weird and blushed. I turned and quickly walked away. 

At this point it was Thursday and the dance was tomorrow night. Taylor made me say that I was going with her so I had to pick out a dress. If I wasn't so sad about Joey, I would have been completely excited about my dress for the dance. It was a black strapless knee length dress with a plunging sweetheart neckline. And I loved it, I just missed Joey. Missed him like crazy. All I could think about was what I wouldn't do to have his body against mine. And that was a short list! Class had just ended and I was walking to my locker. I got my stuff to go home. I shut my locker but behind the door was Joey. He stood there looking like a male model leaning against the wall. He spoke before I could.

"Before you say anything let me speak! I know the last days have been really weird and stuff but I needed to make you see how you wanted me just as much as I want you and-"

I cut him off, "Wait, What! How much do you want me?" I smiled wryly. I knew he wanted me, I just didn't know it was just as much as I wanted him. Ha I bet I could make him do anything! It would be such a plus to hear him say it.

"That's beside the point! Point is, Will... you....go to the dance......w-with me?" he asked

I was taken off guard; extremely shocked. I had dreamt about us dancing at a special occasion like a dance but, hey! That's already happened. So I waited watching him squirm. I was in complete control of this situation. The best part of all of this was that he seemed extremely sincere and I loved getting him back for a last time.

"Hmm let's see..." His face fell slightly, "I would love to go to the dance with you." I smiled and he beamed. It was breath taking. He hugged me and I hugged back wanting him as close to me as I could get him. He picked me up and spun me around. Jeez! It's not like I said yes to marrying him! But I loved it still. He put me down and spoke again.

"Will you help my sister with something?" he asked

"Of course, where is she?"

"At the car. Will you meet us at my house? Unless you have something to do."

"No I'm not doing anything. I'll see you there in a few."

"Ok, see you there!" He said.

We went separately to our cars. I got into my car and drove to his house. I beat him there but it only took him five more minutes. His sister got out and walked towards me.

"Hey," she said," Isaac asked me to the dance and I was wondering if you would help me get ready tomorrow?" she asked. She really was a sweet person and this Isaac kid seemed nice.

"Sure I'll help. And my friend Taylor can come right?" she nodded "We'll be here at 7:30 since the dance is at 9, okay?"

"That's great! Um, since you're already here wanna hang out for a little while?" she asked