Chapter Six

It's Friday night and I'm home alone sittng in front of the television watching 'Titanic' with a bowl of ice cream on my lap. I know, I know what a cliche. But come on, Leonardo DiCaprio? Who could resist? I just needed comfort food! Taylor is out, my parents are out, and I didn't see Joey all day. On the outside I should be jumping for joy right? He's leaving me alone now; I get to torture him on my own time. But somewhere deep down I wish I'd seen him today.

And now I'm here...alone....just worrying about what he could possibly be planning on doing to me. I hate to admit it, but when he touches me I can't think, and when he kisses me it's amazing. You know all the bullshit people say humans get when they kiss 'the one'? I can't help but feeling that Joey and I have something intensely better than that. It's indescribable; the way he holds me and touches me.

OMG again with the sappy teenage romance crap.

I went up to my room hoping I could fall into a dreamless sleep. But sadly vivid dreams crept through the solid walls of my mind.

Asleep in my bed I felt someones warm breath on my face. Slowly raising my eyelids I saw Joey smiling like an idiot. He kissed my forehead and stood up. He was fully dressed in a tuxedo. I got out of the bed and I was in a black strapless dress that hugged my curves and went down to my knees; fitting me perfectly. Suddenly the bed disappeared and we were on a dance floor under a spotlight. He gestured his hand towards me asking to dance and I obliged.

Instantly we were swaying together, with me in his arms. As he spun me out and pulled me in for a dip I felt like we weren't just two people, but two hearts connected. Then he kissed me. Deeply and passionately, I melted into his kiss and wanted to be stuck in it forever.

This dream faded into another.

Joey and I were standing in a gazebo slow dancing like 6th graders to my favorite song:

'and I

never wanna say good bye

but girl you make it hard to be faithful

with the lips of an angel'

Lips of an Angel by Hinder

I felt something touch my head. His lips maybe? After he kissed me I pulled back and seizing his upper lip in between mine I felt shivers down my back, tingles on my lips, and butterflies in my stomach. I don't know why but it seems like this is our first kiss. I felt like a little girl excited to write in my diary. There were sparks between us, electricity ran through our skin into out bodies. It was like I was flying. I couldn't imagine anywhere else I wanted to be...

BEEP BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Damned alarm! I forgot to shut it off last night. I hate waking up early on Saturday. I rolled out of bed groggy and confused. I looked in my mirror dazed at what I had just dreamt. It all came back to me in a huge rush, the kissing, and the feelings. If I didn't know myself better I'd say I was in love with Joey. But I know myself so it's probably just me replaying what happened in my mind. And yet way buried down in my mind something said 'But that doesn't explain the dancing'. UGH he's getting inside my head! ALL DAY! All day I did a whole bunch of useless stuff to try to get him out of my head but once I started to get into whatever I was doing his big arrogant head popped into my mind.

In defeat I went downstairs to the living room and plopped down on the couch. I decided to watch whatever was on tv but I could hardly pay any attention at all. I couldn't have been watching some dumb reality for more than five minutes when the doorbell rang. I tried to leave it be but the rings kept going and going. Who the hell would be here on a Saturday?!