SEVEN DEVILS

Author: sunder-soul

Author:
sunder-soul

Things I Liked:
This plot is completely original and I've never read anything like it! And thats saying something since I've been into Tom fanfics for years. It was very refreshing to read, and the authors writing hooked me in straight away. And when shit goes down during the middle, I LIVED for it. Again, nothing that I've seen before. It has a way of pulling at your emotions, without making you feel distraught afterwards. Usually i love tom fics where you feel miserable during and/or after, but this really called to me.

What Could Be Improved:
I wish there was more explicit indication towards her age and appearance at the start of the book! Her age was only really explicitly stated once towards the mid-end, with some indications before that. To save the trouble, she is around 23/24 years old. I also only found out she was blonde so far into the book. RIP brunette Marina. At the end of the book, i wish Marina's original life was more delved into, or even a spin off chapter where you see her life before Tom etc.

Tom Riddle's Character:
Due to it being such a different plot than usual, the depiction of Tom was something you don't see a lot. It's definitely more of a unrealistic depiction compared to the canon character, but the plot just makes up for it. There is still that avoidant/cold aspect to him, but balanced with a more vulnerable side towards the end.

Warnings?:
Themes of death, amnesia, blood, gore, torture, sex, etc. Although its wayyyyyyy lighter and less heavy than your usual Tom fic. Totally recommend if you want a lighter read.

My Experiences:
I read it soooo quickly, i personally read it on ao3 since i love that you can download the stories. Petition for wattpad authors to upload all their works to ao3😩
In all seriousness, i really enjoyed that it didn't include so much traumatising themes, it was a right amount of sadness. It really was different to a lot of the things i've read.

Do I Recommend:
Yes!!! If you need a read thats more lighthearted, but still has elements of the usual Tom, give it a go! It deserves so much more views than what it has!

—AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey guys!!

im glad to be back with another recommendation, i can say with 80% confidence that a new rec will be out in the next week, but you know me. im infamous for disappearing then coming back after a few months.

remember to drink water and eat some food!! you are loved!! thank you for checking this out!!

with love,
A