Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 13

Okay so I kind of promised to have another chapter up by Friday so here it is. Hope you all like it! Don't forget to comment/vote/fan! =)

So it's been a week since the kiss between Jake and I. I still haven't told Joe, but he can obviously tell somethings wrong with me.

Joe's been asking me what was wrong and all I will say is I'm scared we're going to get caught. I mean there is a little part of me that's scared we can get caught but deep down I knew that wasn't what was wrong with me. 

I couldn't tell Joe the truth. I couldn't tell him a guy I worked with knows who I really am and that I had shared a kiss with him last week.

Things at work have been really akward between Jake and I. I knew that if I had kissed him once uncontrollably that it would probably happen again. 

I've really been thinking about quitting my job at the pizza shop so I didn't have to see Jake but I'd probably run into him anyway. Still it's just so akward since I've decided to distance myself from him. 

How could I have let myself be so stupid and kiss another guy knowing it could possibly ruin Joe and I if he ever found out about it? I have thought about telling Joe but it scares me that he might leave me.

I just want to go back to that night and take it all back. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I just somehow couldn't control myself.

I have work today, eleven am to seven pm so it's going to be a long day since Jake works the same shift today. I tried to quit thinking about it and got a shower and finished getting ready and then headed out the door prepared for work.

I walked to work and as I was walking in the door, Jake was walking out getting ready to deliver a pizza. He grabbed me with his free hand and looked at me for a second then continued to tell me we needed to talk after work.

I know he wants to talk about the kiss but I was pretty good on not talking about it. 

I could barely work through out the day because I was thinking about talking to Jake after work. I know a part of me really likes Jake and I'm happy to talk to him but my mind is just telling me, you have a boyfriend who truly cares about you so don't screw it up.

Don't get me wrong. I do love Joe with all I got but I cant help but think if maybe we just jumped into things a little too fast. Was it because he was the first person I felt close to for awhile? Whatever it was, I knew I loved him but I just couldn't help but think if it was out of the pain I felt from the past.

I continued to work until the clock hit seven. I then walked out of the pizza shop and sat down on a little bench close by and waited for Jake. 

I called Joe and I let him know that I would be a little late and that I had to help clean so it would probably be awhile before I got home.

About five minutes later, Jake came out and sat next to me on the bench. We pretty much just stared at eachother for a little while until I finally spoke.

"Sooo?", I said trying to make it not so akward.

"I know you've been avoiding since that kiss we shared but I want to let you know I met what I said when I told you I wouldn't tell your secret to anyway.", Joe told me and it sounded like he wasn't lying and that he meant what he said.

"I appreciate that but that kiss between us should have never happened. I've been so faithful to Joe and then you come along and I actually have to question if I love Joe as much as I think I do."

"I really like you, Rachelle. If you have to question if you really love someone or not then you probably don't. I'm sure theres a part of you that may think you love him, but it's probably not the kind of love you think it is."