Kidnapped and Found 8 Years Later: Chapter 9

I woke up and I noticed Joe wasn't in the bed so I headed to the living room and he wasn't in there either. I looked in every room and Mia was no where to be found either. I went back in my bedroom and grabbed a pair of socks and put my shoes on. I looked around the beach for atleast a half an hour and still they were nowhere to be found so I started to get worried.

I ran back in the house and as I was running past the fridge, I noticed a note. I picked up the note and it was from Joe and Mia.

"Hey we just went to pick up Ben and the kids. We should be back before you wake up but if not we'll be there soon. We bought you a muffin and an orange juice from the store. Love you!                                                                                         XOXOXO Mia and Joe"

I was glad to find the note that told me they were safe because I was really starting to get worried. I don't know what I would do without them in my life.

I got a shower and headed over to the beach. There were people in the spot where I usually laid out to tan so instead of bugging them, I just moved a little more down from the house.

I took a book with me so I wouldn't be totally bored while laying out. As I was reading, I noticed something had hit my head so I looked around to see a football and a kid come running towards me.

A guy with blonde hair and brown eyes who looked to be my age came up to me and kept saying how sorry he was. He told me where I was laying was probably the worst spot because alot of the guys around here play football in this area.

I told him it was okay and I apologized for being in the way. I went to stand up and this guy's face was only an inch or two away from my face. I quickly backed up and started to walk away. 

As I was walking away, the guy came running towards me.

"Um excuse me, can I help you with something? Why are you following me?", I asked trying to hurry over to the house.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to know your name and see if you would want to hang out sometime?", he asked knowing I would probably say no since I didn't know him.

I almost slipped out my real name and then I noticed I have to go by the name Hailey now. I told him my name and told him I had a boyfriend. 

"Aw that sucks. We should still hang out sometime as friends. You have a pretty name by the way."

"Thanks and I'm not to sure my boyfriend would like me hanging out with another guy but thanks anyway for the offer."

"So your boyfriend controls you? huh? Girls can have friends who are guys and it doesn't have to be anything more then that."

"Look dude, I'm sure your nice and whatever but I don't need anymore friends. Okay? So just leave me alone and get back to what you were doing. I need to get home now.", I said pretty damn annoyed at this point.

"Sorry I bothered you"

I looked back over at him as he was walking away. I was mad I didn't catch his name. I would have glady hung out with him but I cant really hang out with anybody around here because I can get caught and I really don't want that happening. Maybe it's a good thing though because this guy was super cute. I probably would of had to fight myself to stay off of him. 

I was out on the beach for a few hours so I decided it was time to go in anyway. I was thinking Joe and Mia should be back by now and they were probably worried about me.

I walked in the house and looked around and noticed that, Joe and Mia still weren't there. I checked the answering machine and notice Joe had called a few times.