𝐨𝟕. 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄

TATE GAVE HER HEARTFELT GOODBYES TO HER RAPTORS, along with a strict talking to between Barry and Owen — that included instructions and some threats

TATE GAVE HER HEARTFELT GOODBYES TO HER RAPTORS, along with a strict talking to between Barry and Owen — that included instructions and some threats. Nonetheless, the men agreed on it all. So now, Tate was silently buckling into the ranger's jeep. She took this moment in time to stare at herself from the side mirrors, grimacing at her look. She was drenched in her own sweat — being disgusted by the sight. Her hair was a mess, having sticks and leaf's poking out of her hair. She frowned at the small scratches and cuts she had throughout her body but ignored them as she decided to pull out her phone.

Looking down, she had multiple missed calls from her mother and father, feeling bad that she made them so worried. She was quick to respond, before Claire joined her in the Jeep. The two sent thin lipped smiles to one another, before looking forward. Minutes passed in silence, the only sound being the faint vehicles in the background, and Zach and Gray's voices from the back of the Jeep.

"Are you and Zach dating?" Claire asked out of the blue, making Tate's eyes widen from the sudden question.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you dating Zach?" She repeated, as Tate gave a stunned look.

"C- Claire, I just met him." Tate stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Well, I was just curious. I need to know who my nephews dating. Especially if it's my co-worker who doesn't have much time for him."

"Wha- what is that supposed to mean?" Tate looked at the redhead confused, as Claire shrugged. "Do you think I'm gonna like, play with his feelings?"

"Well, I've just never known you as the girlfriend type. You're always so focused on work, and the dinosaurs. I just didn't want anything to get started. Especially like this." She explained, turning to Tate who was holding back her laughter.

"No, Claire. I am not dating your nephew and have no intentions on doing so." With that, Zach slid open the sliding window behind the middle console, making the duo look at him.

"Really?"

"Wha- no! I just met you, Zach. You expect us to be dating after not even knowing each other for 24 hours?" She stared at him appalled, as he shrugged.

"I thought I'd at least get a chance. I mean, you really don't think we have like — a connection?" Tate's face cringed together at his words, her only thoughts being that this was like some middle school crush confession.

"Suck it up, Mitchell." She muttered, shutting the window as a groan was heard from him. Her and Claire shared confused looks, before shaking it off. Thankfully, the silence had graced them once again. The women in the front were busy studying the iPad in front of them that showed the cameras the raptors held sturdy on them.

Anxiously, Tate chewed at the tip of her thumb, watching carefully as the raptors slowed — along with Owen and the other crew who tagged along. The cameras showed the raptors hiss and snarl as they called for the indominus. A roar had erupted through the air, shooting through the iPad's speakers once the indominus got closer. Its loud footsteps indicated that it was nearing, just as the camera showed the revealing of said dinosaur. Watching in awe, Tate's eyes widened at the sound of the dinosaurs communicating. She frantically looked around the screen, a gasp leaving her lips as Claire turned to her.

"What? What is it?"

"Motherfucker." She cursed harshly. "The indominus is part raptor." She slowly looked to Claire, who looked horrified. Just then, shots came from the iPad's speakers, making the two look to see a large fire engulf the trees.

"A- are they gonna be, okay?" Claire looked worried, making Tate frown.

"Claire—" She whispered, before screams came from the screen, revealing the raptors all brutally devouring and attacking the soldiers. Tate's hands covered her face, not wanting to look at the sight. Another explosion was heard, making Tate look up to see Delta's camera had gone out. Sucking in a harsh breath, a hand rubbed her shoulder for comfort. The Grant girl looked to Claire, who gave her a sad smile. Tate returned it, before a voice was heard from behind the duo.

"Is everybody dead?" Swiftly, the two looked to see Gray and Zach.

"Uh- No, no, no. No." Claire spewed out her words, trying to find a way to reassure her nephews. "Everyone is fine."

"Don't lie to him!" Zach exclaimed, making Tate glare at the boy.

"He's scared! It's okay to lie when people are scared." Claire raised her voice.

"I want to go home."

"Oh, sweetheart, you will, okay? I promise." Claire put a hand on Gray's face, trying to comfort him.

"I promise, too." Tate nodded their way, taking Gray's hand. "I will not let anything happen to you, or Zach. Remember who you're with?"

A faint teary laugh escaped Gray's mouth. "Dinosaur expert."

"That's right. Listen to her, boys. Tomorrow you'll be home and your mother will never let me see you again." Claire admitted, earning the trio's attention as they stared at her — before a bloody hand pressed against the glass of the Jeep. Shocked, the four screamed. Tate hurriedly looked behind her, seeing as the doors of the vehicle flung opened from the back, revealing a man who failed to get in — as he was attacked by a raptor, that raptor being Charlie.

Somehow in such a small span of time —Tate threw herself through the small window, going in to protect the two boys who were scared out of their minds. Claire hit the gas on the Jeep, racing through the driveway.

"Stay behind me." Tate commanded, harshly looking at the two who nodded. Hastily, she started looking around for anything to defend the boys and herself. Quickly, her attention got turned to Echo, who was trying to jump into the back of the Jeep.

Tate stumbled back after going over a bump, making her fall back first. Her eyes widened as Echo jumped onto the floor of the Jeep — her claws digging into the metal. A shriek escaped Tate as she struggled to back up, not wanting to injury her raptor too badly. Out of fright, she kicked Echo's neck from the right side, hoping not to have hurt her too badly as the raptor female fell out of the Jeep.

Looking behind her, Zach and Gray pulled her up, holding her tightly as she breathed heavily. "You're so badass." Gray amazed, making Zach and Tate chuckle.

"Thanks." A hiss escaped Tate's mouth as she noticed the cut, she received from Echo's claw. Worried, Zach looked at her with concern. She gave him a nod, showing him, she was ok, even if the injury hurt like hell.

"I can't wait to tell mom."

"Oh, please, no." Claire said from the front, shaking her head franticly as the trio just laughed, some relief coming onto their shoulders as Owen speedily showed up. Tate waved at them man, who rolled his eyes —friendly, of course. — at the female.