𝐨𝟔. 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒, 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍

"SON OF A BITCH!" Owen cusses after he overheard the news on this man named Hoskins, who has now decided to try and use the raptors to capture the indominus

"SON OF A BITCH!" Owen cusses after he overheard the news on this man named Hoskins, who has now decided to try and use the raptors to capture the indominus. Angrily, Owen and Tate share looks. A glance was passed to Zach, who stared heavily down at Tate as he noticed her frazzled state.

"You shouldn't say bitch." Gray says to Owen, as Tate huffs, trying her best to ignore the banging coming from the metal door — this sound was caused by the horrified guests, who wanted nothing more than to escape.

"Take the kids, get 'em someplace safe." Owen instructed Claire, as Zach quickly looked down to Tate for some type of help in this. She knew he wasn't interested in leaving their side — more or so, her side. Turning around at the sound of the door creaking open, Tate and the fours eyes went wide, starring in shock as the large park door began to budge. Hurrying, Owen and Claire ushered the three towards one of the parks jeeps, slamming the doors heavily once they were all in. Frantic shouts were heard from Zach and Gray, wanting to get out of their situation as fast as they could.

Owen backed up until they were in a small alleyway — out of the way for any guests to run. "This does not feel safe." Zach stated the obvious, making Tate roll her eyes out of annoyance.

"Can we stay with you?" Gray looked between Owen and Tate, earning a nod from Zach, who was hoping for the same.

"I am never leaving you as long as you live." Claire turned to her nephews — assuming they were talking to her. "No- no. Them." Gray pointed to Owen and then Tate, as the blonde faintly smiled at her boss, who sent her a questionable glare. "Yeah. Definitely them."

...

The sun had gone down by the time the group of five had arrived at the raptor's enclosure. Tate's mind was boggled. She had many concerns and worries going through her mind — and couldn't imagine the stress her Dinosaurs were under. To say the least, that was all she cared for at the moment. She knew that once this nightmare was over — she'd be making sure they were safe as could be.

Stepping out of the vehicle with heavy footsteps, Tate and Owen's eyes were filled with red hot anger. During the drive — Owen explained exactly who this Hoskins guy was. He seemed to be someone Owen knew in the army, and that's all Tate knew. Other than the fact he was very eager to take what was theirs — the raptors.

"Hi, my name's Tate. And you are?" The blonde put on a fake smile towards Hoskins as her strides got bigger. Before the man could answer — Tate swung a hardy fist to his cheek, earning a groan from the man. Meanwhile, Zach and Gray watched in awe at the blonde.

"She's so hot." Zach murmured in amazement, as Gray nodded his head.

"Get the hell out of here and stay away from our animals." Owen hissed from behind Tate, towering over the girl.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch." Claire cursed, pointing at the man who scoffed.

"Oh, Jesus. How many more people have to die before his mission starts to make sense to you?"

"It's not a mission. It's a field test." Barry — a close friend of Tate and Owen's, also a keeper of the Raptors, explained.

"This is an InGen situation now." Hoskins informed, staring the trio down. "Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody's gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives — no, no, no. Better yet, how your animals saved lives."

A frown fell onto Tate's face, looking down at the ground. A poke came from behind Tate's back, making her look up to Owen — who was waiting for an approval. Sighing, she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"They've never been out of containment. It's crazy." Barry protested, staring at the two in shock.

Before anymore could be said from Tate or Owen, Hoskins shouted to his team. "Let's move it out!" He announced, whipping back around to face the duo. "This is happening. With or without you." He looked between them, before stomping off.

Sharing a look, Tate and Owen silently agreed, before looking back to Hoskins. They gave him nods, as the man smirked with power. A glare twisted onto Tate's face, opening her mouth to speak. "But we're leading this 'mission' of yours." Tate air quoted. "Our raptors. Our plan."

...

"We know that she is in sector five." Owen harshly pressed his finger against the map that laid flatly against the metal table. Soldiers surrounded the structure, as they listened closely to what Tate and Owen instructed. "This is a game we call hide-and-seek. It's a scent drill. We've done it about a thousand times with these animals. When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage."

Tate nodded, leaning against the table. "The raptors are pack hunters. Our raptors especially — like to herd the animal into a kill zone. When they do that, you take your shot. You wait on Owen's command. Not mine, not Hoskins, not anyone else's. Owen's." Tate pointed to the man, who gave her a faint smile. "Now, you listen to me, and you listen closely. If one of you hits my raptors — or even touches 'em, you will have hell to pay, you understand me, gentlemen?"

The soldiers all nod, sharing small glances to one another. "These are my animals. I raised them and am not letting a single one of them get hurt on my watch. We treat them with respect, got it?" She looked around, as they all nod in agreeance. Tate sent back the same motion, before lifting her knuckles off the table. Sending Owen, a faint look, she swiftly made her way out of the storage room — striding towards where they were keeping the raptors.

A sigh escaped her lips as she was met with the hisses of her raptors, making a grin caress her face. "Hi, Echo." She went over to — she'll have to admit — her favorite. She wasn't exactly sure on why Echo was the one she cared for the most, not that she didn't love them all the same, she just had some sort of connection towards the raptor, just like how Owen felt the same with Blue.

The raptors tense bodies all relaxed at the voice of Tate, their eyes looking worriedly at her. She patted their scaley heads, trying to not frown and breakdown at the sight of these poor animals being locked up. "I know you hate this, but I promise everything will be alright soon." She lied, knowing damn well everything has changed, especially after tonight.

"Tate." A voice was heard from behind her, making her turn around to see Zach and Gray, who had worried expressions. "Are you okay?" Zach spoke up once she walked over, a small nod coming as an answer. Hesitantly — Zach grabbed her hand through the bars of the cage, rubbing his thumb over her soft skin. This relaxed her — oddly enough. She never had much of a comfort when it came to humans, besides her parents. She never had friends, or boyfriends. Just herself, and the dinosaurs. It was quite sad, if you think about it. But Tate didn't mind the alone time.

Tate wanted to say she was alright, but she wasn't. She hated this, all of it. "I'm trying to be." She admitted truthfully, making Zach faintly smile at her slightly opening up to him.

Wanting to make her feel better — Zach had grown to know something about Tate in their short time together. He learned that she enjoyed talking about the meaning of things, and her dinosaurs. It was an obvious personality trait of hers, but she seemed to keep it hidden. "What are their names?" Zach asks lowly, as Gray nodded beside him.

Without detaching her hand from his, she looks at the four reptiles. "That's Charlie, Delta, Blue and Echo." Tate pointed, her eyes tracing Echo's frail state. She was the runt of the group, making Tate baby her like a mother. "Echo's my favorite."

"Mine too." Zach traced figures on her hand, as a toothy smile came onto her face.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm." He hummed, giving her a dreamy grin. Blushing, she playfully shoved him away. Before any other words could be
said — Claire shouted for the trio. Tate had agreed to tag along with them in case of a run in with some loose Dino's. Plus, she didn't mind the idea of sitting for a while.