𝐨𝟒. 𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

A GASP LEFT TATUM'S MOUTH as she resurfaced, feeling the drops of water drape down her face as she franticly looked around

A GASP LEFT TATUM'S MOUTH as she resurfaced, feeling the drops of water drape down her face as she franticly looked around. She peered her head up to the bright falls, feeling relief as she noticed the Indominus had left to go terrorize some more people. Suddenly, she heard a splash of two from behind her, making her body whip around to see Zach and Gray breathing heavily.

"Are you two, okay?" She asked hurriedly, earning speechless nods from them. The trio quickly swam to solid ground, breathing heavily. "Jesus Christ." She muttered, swiping her blonde hair out of her face. Zach turned to the girl, staring her body down for any injuries.

"Are you ok?" He turned to her, putting his hands on her shoulders. She gave him a
smile — a genuine one, something Zach hadn't seen from her yet.

"Never been better." She sarcastically said, making Zach faintly chuckle. Tate looked down to Gray, noticing his horrified state. She crouched down, immediately wanting to comfort the pre-teen boy. "Gray," she said his name, giving him the urge to meet her eyes. "We're going to be ok. Don't forget who you're with, right here."

Gray laughed, nodding his head. "Dinosaur expert."

"Exactly." She stood up to full height. "Now, let's go find some way to get back to the park." She grabbed his hand, making him blush while Zach grumbled at the fact, he wasn't able to hold her hand as well.

After 30 minutes of walking, the trio had thankfully dried off from the summer heat of Isla Nublar. They had been walking in curves around the forest, Tatum betting she had a gazillion bug bites by now, when they stumbled upon some sort of building that appealed to their eyes.

Tate slowly walked up to the vine infested structure, scanning around the area for any sign of the Indominus. She could feel Zach practically breathing down her neck with each step, making her roll her eyes with annoyance. "Ever heard of personal space, whatever your last name is."

"Mitchell."

"Right. Ever heard of personal space, Mitchell." She repeated, turning around to face him briefly. He gave her a small smile, taking a step back as she nodded for a thanks. "I was kidding, kind of." She muttered, this catching his ears.

"So, you like me being this close to you."

She shrugged. "No. Just like knowing I have a shield in case something comes to eat us."

Zach gave her a dumbfounded look, turning it into a glare as the two pushed open the doors of the structure. Gray giggled from behind them, making Zach send him a look of offense. As the doors fully swung open, the three gawked in amazement.

"Wow." Zach muttered, observing the large room filled with plants and vines, almost covering everything.

Tatum was in awe of this mystery building, as she had never seen something like this on the island. It made her curious on what exactly this place was, as the dome roof shined brightly, giving them just enough light.

Zach and Gray walked forward, finding a stick along with some sort of tarp. Gray, who thankfully had a set of matches on him, helped Zach light a self-made torch. Tatum slowly walked along the room, staring at the wall designs and pillars.

"Guys," she muttered, earning their attention immediately. "I think this is the original aviary of the island." She turned to them with a bright smile.

"Like, the Jurassic Park aviary?" Gray asked, taking a step towards her. She nodded, grinning from ear to ear. "M- my parents. They've been here." She laughed in amazement of this all, before speedily walking down a corridor that had a mural of raptors, her and Zach's hand running alongside it.

The light of Zach's torch led the way, guiding them to an old garage that held the original Jeep's from Jurassic Park. Tate was quick to run up to them, Gray following in pursuit as Zach took his time looking around. "1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Sand beige." Gray explained the design, making Tate give him a look of impressed.

"You remember when we fixed up Grandpa's old Malibu, right?" Zach turned to his little brother, who gave him a questioning look, but nodded.

"Yeah."

"Good, now I saw some tools over there. Go grab those. Tate, I need you to hold the torch for us to see, alright?" Zach instructed the two as they nodded. "Hopefully we can fix this up quickly, and then get back to the park and Aunt Claire."

Once Zach handed the torch to Tate, Gray rushed off to the large workshop desk where Zach had found some old tools. While searching for everything Zach and him would need — The older Mitchell boy was hard at work, searching for what exactly needed to be done on this Ranger's Jeep.

"Looks like all we have to do is re-fuel it."

"Seems easy enough." Tate shrugged, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her shorts after she sound some place that held the porch upright, giving her a chance to be lazy. Zach nodded, leaning against the car hood as he shouted lowly for Gray to find some fuel for them to pour into the Jeep's tank. A sigh escaped Tate's mouth as she joined his side, playing with the bracelets on her wrists.

"Where'd you get that?" Zach pointed to the leather charm bracelet, that was filled with the many little accessories she had been given or had collected over her years of growing up.

"My dad — he gave it to me for my 6th birthday. He had just gotten back from a dig with my mom, and it was my time with him, you know." She shrugged, smiling faintly at the thought of her parent's. "This right here," She pointed to a small chip of something. "It's part of a T-Rex bone. I know it sound's weird, but it's kinda cool, you know? It was my first real dinosaur thing I was introduced to. Of course, I grew up with all things Dinosaur, but this was the first thing that was real."

Zach smiled at the girl, nodding as his arms crossed over his chest. "Yeah, yeah. It's really cool, Tate."

Her face lit up at that reaction, happy to be telling someone about her childhood. No one ever was really interested in her life like that, so she enjoyed this slightly personal conversation. "An- and this one — is it ok if I keep talking about this? No one's ever asked about it so I-"

Zach laughed, "Yes, Tate. Please, tell me more." He then peered over his shoulder to Gray, who was slowly nodding his head with a cheeky smile at the two, taking an extra slow time just for them.

authors note

stop i actually really like this chapter