YIRUMA - LOVE ME

it was like a new melody began to ring in your ears. gentle, towards the right side of the piano and containing a tune that left you smiling each time you recite it. was it to mirror the one that bubbled beneath your chest? that caused your cheeks to blossom with heat and to grow nervous whenever around chishiya?

it was a quiet evening, one you spent by the rooftop. much to your enjoyment chishiya sat beside you, quiet as he too watched everything unfold below. the music blasting through the pool, the cheers of the beach, everything was scrutinized beneath his brown gaze.

you yourself rested your head on the knees you hugged to your chest, smiling softly as you watched not the crowd but the sky instead. it was clear, not a cloud in sight, and despite it being summer an occasional breeze cooled down the temperature of your face. you hummed, closing your eyes to fully bask in the feeling.

your small moment of solitude was interrupted however when you felt a small tap on your shoulder, prompting you to open your eyes and rest your head to the side to watch the male. chishiya merely watched, not saying a word as he pointed towards your notebook.

although confused you brought the object out, watching as he turned to a fresh page and moved the pencil to the words he wished to speak. you waited, curious and anxious at what he had to say when normally silence was his preferred sound.

'teach me to sign'

you blinked, slowly comprehending the words until you felt a tear fall and slide down your cheek. chishiya's eyes widened at the display of emotion, confused on what he had done to stir it to the surface. the blond couldn't think much however at the sight of you slump forward, resting your head on his shoulder. he didn't move, but he did take note of the warmth of your skin touching his and how nice you smelled so close to him.

a shaky breath left your lips, trying to keep your emotions under control. you replayed the image of his handwriting, swallowing thickly as you failed and more tears began to wash down your face. chishiya had no idea the weight of his request. how learning another language just to better communicate with you touched your heart. how it meant, deep down, he imagined staying with you long enough to understand every part of your being.

you couldn't be more grateful, and without putting too much thought into it you wrapped your arms around his torso, hugging him close to your chest and burying yourself further into his clothes. it smelled fresh, like clean laundry, and his body felt hot and firm against your own. chishiya was left stunned, not used to such physical affection, but he allowed himself to place one hand on the small of your back and bring you closer to himself.

you both stayed in that position for several minutes, until you moved your head and stared up at his face. chishiya peered down, interlocking your gaze, and you felt breathless staring into his eyes. you remembered before how you used to believe that chishiya was nothing but an empty vessel, deprived of all the emotions you struggled to express. however, there in that moment, with tear stains and a smile you couldn't replace, you saw a warmth in them that wasn't there before.

you reached one hand up, fingers pushing away the stray strands of blond away from his face. still he didn't move, but he made no protests upon your bold movements. they continued to trace the dips on his face and the beauty mark below his eye, reaching down to the parting of his lips. and with one last ounce of courage, you reached forward and pressed a light kiss against the corner of his mouth.

a burn was all you felt as you pulled away, nerves fluttering in your stomach and heart racing as you awaited for his reaction. chishiya continued to stare at you, unreadable, and for a moment you feared you had been too selfish. too bold. however, before you could pull away he was already pulling you close again, allowing his own selfish desires to cradle the back of your head and press against the own plushness of your lips.

he was gentle, careful in the pressure he applied and the placement of his hands. and yet your own fingers resting on both his cheeks and feeling everything that was him, you wished for so much more. and gave into those desires.