22. Chance

A/N: hey angels! This chapter might be a bit boring, I promise the other one will be really good tho, we'll finally see Jinx😌❤ I hope all of you are healthy and doing okay! Love you all❤

CHAPTER 22.

Y/Ns pov.

Everything seemed more alive. The noises all around me were louder than ever before. People chatting seemed to carve into my ears. I heard them all, every single word and breath as I strode through the streets of Zaun.

The hood on my head prevented me from getting people's attention and nasty stares. I stole this cloak I'm wearing from one of the firelights after beating him to escape.

I lowered my head, and my eyes caught on my hands. They were soaked in fresh blood, luckily they were hidden under the fabric. Not as if anyone would care, damn it, I could be dragging a dead body and no one would even spare a glance at me, yet, I had to keep cover so they wouldn't recognize me. Silco probably has a shit ton of his men searching for me.

I had no plan, the only thing I had to do right now was find Jinx. She was nowhere to be seen; workshop, bedroom, nowhere.

The only relief I had was my weapons. I found them in the same room I was laid in. Ekko had made his man put me to sleep so I could be their experimental rat.

That thought made my blood, or, well, more like the green liquid boil in my veins. I didn't know what it was. What it did to me. What I knew was that I'm stronger, faster, powerful.

Ekko wasn't there, and neither was Vi. I made sure to search for them while everyone was in their own beds as it was night.

Everyone was gone and I felt uneasy, thousands and thousands of ideas about what could have happened to them clouded my head. I didn't watch where I was going, too busy slipping through thoughts.

The last drop was my only option at the moment. It was also the risky one since I had no idea what was waiting for me there.

The pub was guarded by two mutants, as soon as I stepped in front, one of them extended their metal arm, gesturing for me to show my face. I remained still, just to wait for their reaction. One of them looked at the other as I wasn't moving at all. The mutant nodded and the one in front of me stepped toward me, ready to hold me down.

Everything happened in a minute, the two mutants now laid on the ground, not moving, and the shimmer spilled from their glass heads that were broken.

I entered the pub, not even a scratch on my skin. As soon as I was in, I realized that the bar was almost empty. Flashing lights were no longer present as it was dead quiet. I've never seen this place so calm, so empty. It took me back to the times Vander was the owner. Back when I and Jinx would sit at the counter and sip our orange juice. She'd look at me with her doe eyes. Sometimes they'd hold joy and sparkle and sometimes they'd stab my heart with sadness.

" you should have stayed away", Sevika muttered under her breath not even flashing a glance my way, she didn't need to, she knew me better than the scheme of her metal arm. The woman hoped I wouldn't come back, because even under her steel-coated heart there was that tiny spark of humanity, she cared for me.

I scoffed, walking over near the table she was at, fixing her robotic arm. My eyes didn't fail to miss the neon words written on her metal with crayons, I could never forget those.

'Liar' it spelled out. The edges of my mouth curved upwards, Jinxs imagine at the back of my head, which I soon enough blocked out.

" where's she?", my feet seemed to glue to the ground, my body stiff, tensed, yet my voice deep in my throat, dangerously intimidating. I didn't find any emotion of care about what she'll think or do. As long as she answers my question I won't harm her.

Sevikas hand reached out for the cigar, tossing the wrench aside. It made a clanking sound as it hit the surface of the table and my eyes followed it, alert for any warning actions which echoed loudly in my ears, I had to close my eyes and stumble in my place lightly.

" you and Vander never shared the same traits", she lit up her cigar in between her fingers and put it in her mouth taking a puff.

My finger softly stroked the trigger on the gun I had in my clasp, just to feel safe. The cloak that covered my veins and eyes that shone with green slightly stood up my vision," answer my question", I didn't take any of her bullshit, spitting the words out as I was getting more impatient.

She let out a long sigh along with a could of smoke, scrunching her nose," she risked everything to get that stone back," Sevika chuckled," and all for Silco".

Lines formed on my brow, and the liquid began burning with my blood. I couldn't stop the thoughts about Silco from swallowing my head. So I let them burn me, stepping forward and slamming my hands onto the table," where the fuck is Jinx?!".

Sevikas face went pale, and her body tensed together with her breath when the hood from my head fell, revealing my green eyes with a glint of rage," what the fuck did they do to you?" She backed away slowly and I inched closer, grabbing the fabric of her clothes.

I didn't bother answering her.

" Why do you need her?", Sevika didn't look away, sneering and glancing at the gun in my hands once in a while. Fear was radiating off of her," you can find Silco while she's not tiptoeing around him", she created a smirk as my brows deepened.

The woman had a point, that's exactly how I need him; without Jinx around to protect his ass," what happened to her?".

She thought for a second or two, shrugging before speaking and I moved away, holding my gun tight ready to aim any minute that passes by," she blew herself up because she was losing against a firelight" before I could open my mouth with panic, she continued," Silco took her to the doctor, she'll survive".

The huge rock that was set on my heart fell down with the last words, panic that I blocked went away and I nodded. She was right, I had to focus on Silco, there could never be the same opportunity again," where is he?"

" Piltover invited him over for some kind of bargain" Sevika lazily waved her hand, relaxing her heavy shoulder.

I brought the gun barrel to my chin, tapping it slightly and thinking; what kind of bargain could there be between Silco and Piltover, perhaps something to do with the independence Chem Barons talked about.

One single nod with my head and I was ready to leave, yet, once my hand was on the door, Sevika had something to say," you realize that she would never forgive you for this?"

My breath caught in my throat, knowing about what she was on although it's pure truth, it still burned. I opened my mouth, but words didn't form. I can't think of the sequences now, I have to act while I have a chance.