8. Family

CHAPTER 8.

Y/Ns pov.

" You will accompany me to the meeting, Y/N" Silco handed me a clipboard with papers on it, without any explanation.

I frowned lightly, yet took it with hesitation. I didn't know why he wanted me to escort him rather than Sevika, she was the one going with him most of the time "why me?" I tried my best to hide the sourness in my voice.

"Why not?", Jinx didn't let Silco respond to my question first, interrupting whatever conversation we had.

She seemed bitter since the moment I stepped into the office. As always the girl was hunching on Silcos work table, this time not playing with her hair or even moving as much as usual.

On the other hand, Sevika relaxed on the sofa, smoking her cigarette as normal, with some whiskey in her glass. It didn't look like she was listening to our conversation meaning she already knew what Silco was up to.

I ignored Jinx's interruption and waited for Silco to reply," Sevika is busy with other work", his voice was deep as always, making my insides crawl with the need to shoot him, blow his brains out, throw his corpse into the jail of Stillwater," and I need someone to come with me".

Jinx let out a sneer beside me, rolling her eyes at the man's words. I didn't pay much attention to it, yet I caught her sending death glares Sevikas way. It made me feel uneasy about the whole situation, at the back of my head was the memory of me and Sevika in the brothel. The way I was all over her even when my mind imagined it was Jinx all along. Nonetheless, something was off about the blue-haired girl today.

" I didn't think I was suitable for your protection", I chuckled quietly, running my eyes through the words on the papers whilst Jinx's gaze was drilling into my figure.

Silco sat back in his chair, causing it to let out a silent creak," you're a good shot, can fight, and I trust you, just as much as I trust Jinx" his index finger moved, pointing at Jinx who now was frowning like a kid who dropped his candy.

Another chuckle, louder and filled with fury escaped my lips as I contained myself from lunging at him," what? are we playing a happy family now?"

Dead silence washed over us, I swear even Sevika paused and turned to me as if I just committed a crime.

Silcos eyes darkened, and I couldn't figure out what he was thinking, soon enough he began speaking again, voice dangerously low in his throat, " I became your new family the moment Vander let out his last breath." The tension rose in my chest," have you forgotten who raised you? Who gave you a roof over your head?" My eyes went red as I fought to keep the tears in," who FED you?".

If this man only knew that I imagine his daughter fucking me. Bet he wouldn't want to call me family then," believe what you want but you'll never be like a father to me. My father is long gone." I grounded my teeth. With that being said, I left his office and headed toward the narrow alleyway located at the side of the last drop.

As soon as I inhaled the heavy air of the lanes, my knees buckled, and gave out, causing me to slide down against the wall, pull my knees to my head and let out a few tears I'd been holding back for a good hour.

I didn't let out any cries or wails, I only let the tears fall on their own.

" welp, that went well", the voice that I knew damn well entered my ear. Of course out of all people it had to be Jinx. Always running after me like a lost dog.

My head lifted to look at her whilst I wiped the few tears rolling down my cheeks. The girl was staring off into the distance as if she was lost deep in her thoughts," leave me alone".

I couldn't deal with her now. I just wanted to be alone. Cry it all out without anyone around to hear my silent cries. Remember my father and brothers to hurt myself even more. I needed to hurt. To feel pain. I don't want to contain it inside anymore. It hurts too much.

Jinx didn't listen to anything I said and crouched next to me, her stare cold- yet soft, emotionless- yet filled with pain.

My eyes fell on the gun in her hands, which she brought up to my chin, lifting it so I could lock eyes with her," ya know damn well Vander stabbed Silco in the back first", Jinx's tone was cold whilst her eyes bored into mine as if saying I should be prepared to be ripped apart and thrown into the river.

Tears no longer fell from my eyes, Jinx's sudden change in personality brought me distress and made my chest tight. Just an hour ago I felt like I could beat Jinx in anything, I could make her weak and follow me wherever I go, yet currently, all of that was gone. She was the cat and I was the mouse now.

Jinx's words flew through my mind countless times, and I didn't know what to say or what to feel. Fury? Sadness? Guilt?

I could count all the times Jinx glanced at my lips, the number would be four," doesn't change the fact that Silco killed him", I dared to speak.

" your dad was weak" she snickered, tapping the gun on my chin softly, sounding so confident in her words. I've been a fool feeling bad for her. Jinx completely forgot how my dad was the first one to save her.

" my dad wanted us to be safe.", I spat out, searching for some, at least a tiny bit of, realization in her eyes. Her face reminded neutral," you should at least find some remorse, some respect. You're talking just like Sevika", my hand quickly slapped away the barrel of her gun.

The girl hummed, cracking an unsettling smile and intertwining her hands together," you're one to talk." She paused, seeing my frowned brows and confusion burning through my face," so you hate me but fuck with her?"