11. Feelings

CHAPTER 11.

Y/Ns pov.

" oh c'mon, I'm sure you closed your eyes at least for a minute", I murmured making it more like a question thrown at Sevika as I carried a wooden barrel full of shimmer into the aircraft. The usual Sunday morning for most of Silcos henchmen, preparing a shipment three days ahead.

Sevika scoffed with a sneer, her eyes full of recalls from the night before," if I have, it would've been even weirder", she held up the two barrels, finger hooked around the edge of one, and the others on the other one. The woman was definitely way stronger than me or Jinx. You'd think you have no chance against her, yet, nimbleness was more of a chance to win.

I gulped down the memory of Jinx's lips on mine," I'm sorry" my voice went hoarse. There was no lie, I regretted what happened yesterday, it's almost as if I betrayed my own family, even if that wasn't anywhere near the truth it still felt like it.

" It's all good", Sevika pressed, dropping the last two barrels on the deck of the airship," I still hate you for using the opportunity though, you own me a good hell of a drink after this" she leaned onto one of them, with a grin on her face.

I placed the container that was in my both hands next to the ones from before, chuckling at her words. The airship was full of shimmer cargo, a bigger amount than normal," is it just me, or are there way more shimmer barrels here?", my hands rested on my hips as I took in the sight of the cargo whilst Sevika did the same.

She shrugged," there's more in the back".

My brows shot upwards, more shimmer means more intoxicated people who are out of control. I've never been on a flying airship before, and won't be this time, although Sevika and Jinx always go. Sevika to make sure everything goes smoothly and Jinx, well, she likes to stick around here.

Something felt off in a second, the deck wasn't anywhere near quiet, it was filled with Silcos men making sure everything is in its place, yet, at the back of my head, I could feel the eyes that were drilling into my figure.

Sevikas eyes squinted and I flinched in my place from the cold hands slipping around my torso from the back, the scent of gunpowder and bubble gum entered my nose whilst I watched someone's nails press into my skin, not someone- Jinx.

" I missed you, toots!", she whispered in my ear curdling my blood, her chin on my bare shoulder and body squeezed with mine causing my breath to catch in my throat.

"L-let me go, Jinx', I said a bit tensely. My body stiffened, yet I let it relax as soon as her breath hit my neck, which has been marked with darkish hickeys by her. I tried to hide them all morning with everything I could find in Silco's cabinet where he held most of his makeup for his eye. Nothing worked, it just made them appear brighter.
Luckily, Sevika agreed to not tell Silco about anything that happened between me and Jinx in his office, after hours of begging.

I haven't seen him this morning, when I was about to, Sevika was already leaving to prepare for the shipment, and I decided to stay out of Silcos sight, at least while I still have his daughter's marks on my skin.

Jinx ignored my words, as well as Sevika in front of me," I'm so boreddd, can we do something fun?!" She said in a sunny voice.

My mouth opened to tell her off, yet, then, an idea shot into my head. Silco was capable of controlling Jinx, she wasn't a leader, but rather a follower, a puppet, and the man had indestructible strings attached to her every move, however, Jinx had the closest bond with her puppet master and I knew I could use that to my advantage.

"Sureee", I trailed avoiding Sevikas judgment not really knowing what I will tell her later when she asks why I even accepted to go with Jinx. Perhaps she will assume that I no longer feel hatred toward the psycho girl," what do you want to do?", I turned around resulting in her stumbling back a little.