Chapter Eleven

ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ : ʜᴜʀᴛ

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

ˢᵘᵐᵐᵃʳʸ :
ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʀᴜɪɴᴇᴅ

11 || HURT

(At hospital)

"Well he certainly has an ear infection," Dr. Jung leaned back into her chair, patting the bottom of the quiet baby.

Yoongi's face was still swollen from all the crying and after being check out by the doctor, he had finally calmed down.

"Since he's only 10 months old, I recommend you not to use any antibiotics, unless it gets severe, which I don't think will be the case, since he's already calm now. I would suggest keeping him here for a few hours so we can watch his behaviour. I'll write down a few home remedies to follow for his pain to reduce," Dr. Jung smiled at the relieved father, before looking down at the baby, "Are you feeling good now, Yoongie? You're such a good little man", she looked up at Namjoon, "He's awfully adorable and seems a bit out of it. Might be because he's starting to sense his surroundings after crying for a really long time."

Namjoon smiled thankfully at the doctor, "Thank you so much Dr. Dawon. I should call my husband and tell him the news. Can I hold Yoonie for a while? I should video call Seokjin. He will feel relieved seeing Hobi calmed down."

"Here," She smiled, handing the baby over to his father, before leaving her office to give Namjoon some privacy.

Namjoon pulled out his phone and video called his husband, with his tiny little human resting tiredly on his chest. Seokjin picked up after the third ring, his worried but healthy face, popping in, "Namjoon?! How is he?!"

Namjoon moved his phone down to their little bean sprout, who was slowly blinking tiredly at the sight of his papa, "Yoongie~ Hi baby~ Are you okay? Can you see appa? ~" Yoongi's eyes just closed at the feeling of Namjoon patting his bottom, falling asleep instantly.

"Namjoon? What's going on? Is he okay?"

"He's fine, hyung. Just tired from all that crying" Namjoon moved the camera back to his face.

"Oh thank God. What was wrong with him?"

"He has an ear infection, hyung. Nothing serious but he'll have to stay here for a few more hours under observation. So we might come home late," Namjoon smiled softly, consoling his husband.

Seokjin sighed in relief, "I'm so happy."

"How's the party going, hyung? Are they a handful?"

"It's going well. I asked some of their parents to come over too, to help me out. So it's all under control," Seokjin replied, his shoulders no longer tense.

"Can you pass the phone to Taehyung, hyung? I have to tell him that the two of us won't be making it to his party," Namjoon smiled, apologetically.

"He's right here," Seokjin smiled back, before giving the phone to Taehyung.

"Papa?" Taehyung asked.

"Hey tiger. How's the party going? Did you get a lot of presents?" Namjoon asked Taehyung.

"It's going amazing appa! Seokmin got me a feather duster!"