Chapter 18

Y/n's POV
In Clockwork's room

The recording started with Puppet in a room with Jeff and Nina. It started out as regular conversations, Nina bragging about her dating Jeff, Puppet questioning them about how they got back together, just simple shit like that. Then it started getting interesting.

"Jeff, do you know how to get another girl to.. like you?" There was a long pause before Nina answered in Jeff's place. "Just make her happy. Give her gifts like roses, perfume, makeup... anything that you think she could be interested in. Make sure it's expensive, though! Girls love expensive." "Nina, he wants a girlfriend not a gold digger." "Shut up, Jeff!"

There was some commotion in the background, which is what I'm guessing is Nina throwing something at Jeff. Obviously they are in their arguing stage right now. "This is about Y/n, isn't it?" Jeff asked, of course anyone could guess that easily since everyone knows by now. I could hear Puppet's sigh, I wonder how many people he's asked this to to make him this tired of hearing this answer. "Yes, yes it is. I really want to get with her, but of course that Clockwork is in the way of everything. I just want to know what to do to make her lose feelings for Clockwork and gain feelings for me."

This time, Jeff was the one letting out a sigh. "I don't think I can help you out there. All I can tell you, bud, is that if she's taken just leave her alone. You don't need that kind of shit on you ever. But you do you I ain't going to stop you." "But aren't you also tired of them showing off their relationship to everyone all the time?"

Nina let out a chuckle, "That's literally what you're supposed to do in relationships, Puppet. Bragging and showing off is what girls do, and since they are both girls there is going to be a lot of bragging and showing off. You just gotta deal with it. I honestly don't care." There was another long pause and some fidgeting in the background before Puppet finally found out on what to say.

"I just wish I could get rid of her." "Who? Clockwork?" Jeff asked, you could hear the confusion in his voice. "Yeah, she's getting in the way of everything." "Well, I wouldn't say that. She's just happy." There was some more fidgeting, "Thanks for your help, Jeff and Nina. I'm going to get going." "Have a good one." And then the recording shut off.

I didn't know what to say, I looked at Clockwork just to find her already looking at me. We both weren't sure on what to say to that. To cut off the awkward silence, Clockwork started the next recording. This time, this one was labeled "Ticci Toby".

Toby was hanging out with Laughing Jack, which who I'm guessing is someone who Toby opens up to sometimes. They seemed like best buds to me, so I don't know. "You still have feelings for Clockwork, don't you?" Laughing Jack asked, I could hear bouncing in the background so I'm guessing he is bouncing some rubber ball.

"Yeah, I've been trying, man. I've been trying, but it seems to never work." "What do you mean?" "It's like they can't break up. Everything I do, everything I say, everything I attempt never works. They always make their way back to each other. It's tiring, there is just so much that I can take!" I heard a hard ass bounce, which I think is Toby bouncing a ball out of anger.

"Do you have any more ideas?" "Well, I've started working with Puppet since yesterday. He has feelings for Y/n and I still have feelings for Clockwork, so we're pretty much doing each other a favor. He had an amazing idea for us to try. He's my last and only hope." "Well, at least you have something." It ended with both of the boys chuckling before Clockwork shut off the recording, obviously thinking about what was just said.