Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

Clockwork and I quickly looked up and saw Toby standing there with the broken door in front of him. This time, he looked fucking pissed off to his core. Clockwork and I quickly separated, we tried to speak at the same time to explain but because of that our words jambled together and no one could make out what we tried to say.

"Wow, I knew there was something about you guys' friendship. Now this just proves my concern," It seems like Clockwork and I thought the same thing, because we both stared at the axe on his belt waiting for his hand to reach the handle.

"What are you guys scared about? I'm not going to hurt you, now that I know the truth," He shrugged and put his hands in his pockets, he might try to be acting chill right now but I can tell from his face he still has half the mind to kill us both.

"Oh my god, Toby I'm so sorry. I was planning on telling you the truth, I promise, it's just-" Toby put his hand up, interrupting Clockwork's sudden apology. "Don't fucking apologize to me now, its not going to change anything. And it's not going to make me feel any better about this either,"

I didn't have anything to say. I thought it's better for me to stay silent about this, I think I made enough damage already. "I just have one thing to ask you both," he said, he was now looking down on the wooden floor. He couldn't even make eye contact with us.

After he was done with his long pause, he decided to continue, "How long have you two been seeing each other?" Oh shit, I looked at Clockwork and Clockwork looked at me and we both looked at each other with an "oh shit what have we got ourselves into" face.

We didn't respond, which on our case was a huge mistake. "Look, it's not that hard. Now that I know the truth I just want to know this simple thing. Now let me ask you again, how long have you guys been seeing each other?"

I sighed and decided to be the one to speak out. I didn't want Clockwork to be answering this since I didn't want her to feel awkward. When I opened my mouth about to speak, Clockwork cut me off and said, "Since the night before I broke up with you,"

Oh shit, I thought we were going to lie about this. Now we are going to be in deep shit. Toby looked up and stared Clockwork in the eyes, he was so pissed I could see the anger in his eyes and the violence he wants to commit at this moment.

"So... you cheated?" He took his hands out of his pockets, his right hand was dangling inches away from the axe we were dreading for him to touch. "Well... not exactly-"

"Hooking up with someone while you are in a relationship counts as cheating, Clockwork, there is no excuse for that," I'm so close to covering Clockwork's mouth, at this point she is going to get us killed. He looked at me with an even angrier look than before.

"You know, Y/n, I wasn't that fond of you. The true reason on why I acted that way that night is to see how loyal you were to Clockwork and how far you would go to protect her emotionally and physically. Well... I can say you have passed effortlessly. And I have been suspecting you ever since,"

Clockwork looked at me, and when she did I remembered I forgot to tell her everything from that night. "What is he talking about?" I looked back at her, I didn't know how to approach this new conversation change.

"Well back when we had our first date, Y/n went to my room to check on me. I kissed her to see how she would react, to see if she would A. Kiss back B. Push me away and tell me "What the fuck?" or C. Push me away and immediately run to you and tell you. Well she tried to do C, and you can guess what happened,"